Monday, November 09, 2009

Some Savings...And A Story

You all know how I feel about saving money! I really LOVE it! It's my "thing"! But, this week, I was feeling pretty cranky about the whole coupon thing. I hadn't been to the store in a few weeks, so it was taking a lot of time and brain cells to get this week's preparations done. Last night, I just quit and went to bed because my brain wasn't functioning and just couldn't organize anymore. This morning, I got up at 5 and finished, still not looking forward to whole shopping experience.

You see, for the sales this week, they would take $5 off for every 10 of the special sale items you purchase, meaning that I had to keep track of everything while I shopped. It is a real headache sometimes. Today was no exception.

I got to the store early, (to beat the snowbirds) and started in on it. About 1/2 way through my shopping, my pen (that I was keeping my 10 item tally with) ran out of ink. Did I have another pen in my purse? No. I was SO bugged! There was no amount of sucking or shaking that would make my pen write. Grrrr.. So I headed off to the office supply aisle to begrudgingly buy a pen.

Standing there in front of the pens were 2 men having a indepth discussion about pens. So, I reached around them, grabbed a "sale" pen and started to head off. One of the men asked if I wouldn't mind helping his friend find a pen. That's when I noticed that one of the men was very mentally handicapped, and he was helping his blind friend try to find pens. The blind man said he wanted a "Bic" pen, so I told him about a few there, then grabbed a bag of the "bulk" pens from the bottom, which were what he was looking for. They were SO happy to get the pens! They thanked me over and over!

After they walked off, I got emotional and started to tear up. Now, you may think I'm nuts, but I KNOW that my pen ran out of ink because Heavenly Father knew those men needed my help. And that I needed their help. Yes, I helped them find what they were looking for, but they helped me more. Right there in the aisle, I said a little prayer and repented for my crappy attitude and gave thanks for being sent to help the two friends.

I have so much to be grateful for. I need to quit getting so wrapped up in my day to day mess and look around me for all that I've been blessed with. Thank you Heavenly Father for sending me two angels in the grocery aisle!

And what more of a blessing do I need?? I saved 75% on my groceries today! The best I've ever done!

27 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I really need to go grocery shopping with you!

Lauren said...

Incredible shopping and story! I really need to learn the coupon world, when do you your class??

Brittney Smith said...

Great story!!!!.....and I love the savings. Incredible!!

Grandma Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

A really great story! And you're totally humble to share it with the world.

Seriously, what's your secret to couponing? How do I get in on it? I'd really be interested.

About that gingerbread recipe, I can email it to you (and a delicous apple cake with vanilla sauce recipe if you want it too). I'd also like your email address so I can send you our xmas card. I think I'm emailing them this year to save a few bucks.

And no, I'm not on Facebook. I've never even been to that website before. I know, I'm like our grandmas!

Motivation Dissertations said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I enjoyed the article. Very helpful article! Makes total sense. It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I'm sure you had fun writing this article.

Dissertations On Motivation | Motivation Dissertation

Amanda said...

ohmygosh ... Your pen story totally made me cry! thanks for sharing! and thanks for the nice comment on my blog! :)

Mandi said...

First of all, I loved all your savings! wow, that is what I need to do! It may seem like a pain, but I bet it is all worth it in the end after you see all your savings.

Now that story about you helping those men made me cry too. Not only about you helping them but how they helped you, which in the end also helped me. I have been moping around all day just whining a bunch and never once taking the time to be appreciative for the things I DO have! I don't know how to explain it but I really needed to hear this tonight. thank you

oh and I wrote a long, thoughtful comment before this, and I somehow deleted it. oops. So i hope this gets the same point across. :)

thanks again for sharing

kellykelly1 said...

今天心情很好..你心情好嗎?.........................

Joao said...

Hello, nice blog!
See my site: www.freetomar.com
Bye!

Rick said...

My wife is a real coupon nut too. Every time I get ready to go to the store it's "wait, I have a coupon somewhere for that." And then there's "you know what" to pay when I forget to use them. But, I shouldn't complain, she's saved us tons of money.

free FONT said...

You are so talented!

KLo said...

Ah, the power of a pen ... it's demonstrated in unusual ways sometimes, but it's always true :)

Confused Mos said...

sorry just stumbled across your blog and read it what a great person you are I hope you will always have god in your heart.

GOD BLESS

單存 said...

有空我一定會常來逛你的部落格!!!! ..............................

willson said...

This is a very interesting post, and the comments are also fantastic to read. I’ll have to have a little re-think about my own contact form on our new website, as this poses some interesting questions!
study abroad

Servant of the Most High said...

Hi,

Nice blog.

Here's a blog that will provide for your spiritual needs.

This blog has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of GOD.
These will teach us how to have GOD in all the aspects of our lives and allow GOD's rule over every matter.

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading.

God bless you.

Car Audio Stereo said...

Great Post. I believe in savings for future. Thanks!

Gallery 802 said...

I really gotta go to grocery shop.

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Short Stuff said...

love this.....how amazing is that?

Bridget said...

Wow that is really an amazing story. I should get my mom to figure out how to use coupons.

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

奇濛子情趣用品 said...

情趣商品,情趣精品,情趣用品,威而柔,吊帶襪,情人趣味,情趣,情色,色情,自慰套,情色遊戲,

SM,情人趣味用品,愛情,情人趣味用品液,一夜情,潤滑液,情色自拍,性愛,飛機杯,同志,

色遊戲,按摩棒,色情網站,性交,性行為,愛愛,跳蛋,性感睡衣,充氣娃娃,角色扮演,

做愛,作愛,網愛,視訊,性愛,G點,正妹,走光,自拍,露點,熟女,

夜店,汽車旅館,情人趣味用品轉,情人趣味用品娃,情人趣味用品轉珠,外遇,趣味用品,sex,無碼,GAY,

情人趣味用品珠

奇濛子情趣用品 said...

情人趣味用品店,情人趣味用品控制,情趣用品坊,情趣用品店,情趣用品網站,免費影片,高潮,網路購物,情去商品,

性感,情趣用品專賣店,情趣禮物,情人節,跳蛋情人趣味,跳蛋情人,跳蛋影片,跳蛋變頻,跳蛋調情,

按摩情人趣味,按摩器,按摩椅,按摩半套,按摩全套,按摩精油,吊帶襪影片,自衛方法,自衛棒,

自慰器專賣店,自衛器,自衛杯,自慰器,自慰杯,吊帶襪美女,自慰棒,潤滑情人趣味,潤滑油,

潤滑劑,潤滑液用品,充氣情人趣味,充氣玩具,角色情人趣味,角色扮演遊戲,角色扮演服裝,震動情人趣味,

震動保險套

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Iafashion handbag my life said...

Friends,whta are you want? Are you know Coach15664 ? What is the Coach15664 ? Coach15664 designer my life. Coach15664 is my stories.