Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Easter Week Activities

This week, our family has been learning about the different events that lead up to Easter morning! So, last night, I thought it would be fun to have a dinner with foods that could have been eaten by Jesus and his disciples.


I cheated and picked up some Gyro meat and Pita from the Greek restaurant up the street. I figured it would be close enough! I also bought some real "unleavened bread" from Trader Joe's.

Here, we have dates, olives, figs and a salad made from apples, chopped almonds, raisins and topped with a honey/lemon dressing. (so yummy!)
The Bear wasn't so sure about the figs, but thought they were "ok". He liked the dates though!

At this point, so close to graduation, I think Clinton is just tolerating my existance. But he came along with us anyway, and didn't complain...too much!

Dave will always go along with whatever scheme I decide to try!

And, here's a cute picture I took of The Bear as we were leaving the park!

Tonight we are headed over to see the Easter Pageant at the Temple grounds. We have to get there 2 hours early just to get seats! Crazy! I've never seen it, but I've heard it's awesome!

BTW....new pics are up on my Photography Blog!

7 comments:

Jami said...

Cute! I've been slacking off with the religious part of Easter. Honestly, I'm afraid that if you asked the kids right now why we celebrate Easter, only Wyatt would know....or maybe not even him! I'm so terrible!

Lissaloo said...

The food looks so wonderful, what a great idea! :)

Lissaloo said...

The food looks wonderful, what a great idea! :)

Amy said...

What a clever idea with the food! I'm impressed! And your the second person who's posted about the Easter Pageant, and it makes my heart a little sad not being there in AZ for that and all the other stuff I love about that place. Oh, well. I guess I just need to get over it, right?

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

File said...

Download Forum Poster V3 3.0 at FileAfro.com

http://www.fileafro.com/view_forum-poster-v3-30.html

Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory