Sunday, March 08, 2009

Weekend Stuff

Ok, so as you already know, I've been sick. Again. As usual. Thursday night, I broke down and headed over to Urgent Care, as it was getting harder to get enough air in my lungs. I was diagnosed with "Early Pneumonia". Great. Three prescriptions later and a long wait at the drugstore and I landed myself in bed.

Friday, I felt horrible. But Clinton had a concert that night that I was determined to go to. He is in a band with some of the other "jazz band" guys at school and they were "headlining" the American Cancer Society Relay for Life benefit concert at their school. It was held in the outdoor amphitheater. There were 5 bands that played. We had to suffer through a couple of really bad ones, but everyone else was great. The problem...right before Clinton's band was to play, all the sprinklers came on. So, we all crowded onto the stage to watch the performance. They were awesome! We wished they could have played longer! I was able to get some great shots of them. We will try to post some video later this week.

The cool air and wet clothes on Friday night were not my friend. By Saturday, I felt horrible, but when I tried to lie down, it was hard to breath. So I spent a good part of the day sitting at my computer. I was able to put together a couple scrapbook pages from the concert pics. They took a long time because I was feeling so crappy. But I could do them while sitting still.



I have been in bed all day today. I missed church. I am right now missing our family dinner at my In Law's house. This is my first venture out of bed. I feel like it is taking the medicine a long time to work. I feel so weak. I guess I'm going back to bed.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling good again. If it makes you feel any better the pages came out great. I like them. If we lived closer I would bring you chocolate.

Kristina P. said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well! The pages do look great.

AZMom said...

Your pages are great. I am glad you can print them too. :-)

I am sorry you are still feeling bad. I wish I were closer so I could help you out!!

Big hugs!

BTW, I updated our other blog with stories from our hockey practice today. I so need to quit getting upset with this coach stuff. It reads almost like my t-ball coach stories last year! Ugh!

Jaime said...

Oh man! I'm sorry you are so sick. I hope the drugs kick in soon and that you get feeling better.

The scrapbook pages look awesome.

Lissaloo said...

I really like the colors on the 2nd page, awesome! I hope the meds start helping you feel better soon :)

Linda Bennett said...

I'm glad you feel better. No wonder you felt like a failure!

giddymomof6 said...

As always, you're a genius with that scrapbooking! And I hope you feel better soon. Pneumonia is such a pain in the kazoo! Sheez!

Mandi said...

Oh! that sounds fun! everyone should have just danced in the sprinklers!! I am sorry you are so sick! yuck. I hope you feel better! Always. not just this one time. :)