Friday, March 27, 2009

Lemons, Lemons, Lemons!

My mom has been here for the last couple of days, helping me get some stuff done around the house. This morning, she went out for a walk and found a lemon tree in front of a empty house whose lemons were falling on the ground and going to waste. So, she went over in the car and brought back BAGS of lemons!

We spent the morning zesting and juicing lemons! I now 18 quarts of lemon juice in my freezer! (And a ziplock FULL of zest!) Plus the juice we've already made into some FAB lemonade! I'm going to try my hand at a lemon meringue pie, maybe a lemon cake, some lemon chicken, lemon poppyseed muffins, some more lemonade......

Got any lemon recipes????

5 comments:

Lissaloo said...

Oh you lucky duck! I love Lemon :) Lemon bars have been on my mind lately. Lol, all the things you suggest sound great! :)

Anonymous said...

lemon meringue pie in about a month.

Ed Billingsley

Jaime said...

How cool is that? I barely have any recipes, let alone lemon ones. But your ideas sound great!

Sharr said...

no recipes, but i have a willing mouth to taste test lemon meringue pie or any other lemony treat you may concoct! :o)

Jami said...

Oooh, yum! How about lemon squares? with powdered sugar sprinkled on top? Sorry, no recipe, but I'm sure you could find a good one.