Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day of Percussion

I spent the day today with my mom at the Arizona Percussive Arts Society spring festival, listening to Clinton perform. He played a marimba solo, snare solo, marimba duet (with his friend, Annie) and the drum set. He did an awesome job! They play for judges and receive pages of critique. There were high school and colleges from across the state who participated.

His snare solo was so great that he was asked to be one of the two soloists to perform at the concert this evening. He was also named the alternate for a scholarship to a summer percussion camp in Wisconsin.

It was fun to spend the day with him, listening to all the great musicians! Now...If I could get him to smile while he plays....

8 comments:

Jami said...

That's so awesome!!!

Lissaloo said...

How neat! Congrats :) I really like your new springy background!

Mandi said...

that DOES look fun! AWESOME!
ps. my blog isn't private anymore :)

hope you are feeling better

Linda Bennett said...

Its not cool for drummers to smile while they play is it? Glad you had a great day with your mom and Clinton.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I love your new look of the spring. I know you must have been so proud of Clinton. Great job! I can't get my granddaughter to smile much ever. She is so intense and serious about everything.

giddymomof6 said...

WOW! That's awesome! what a great opportunity for your son! That's so cool. Jenni

Kristina P. said...

Erica, I hope you guys are doing OK!

AZMom said...

What fun and what an honor for him!!