Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day Preparations

So...we're broke. Just like everyone else. There is no way we can afford to go out on Valentines Day. What's a girl to do?

I'm planning a romantic dinner here at home! The trick is, I will have to do it all for about $20. And, I'm making the same dinner for Clinton and Lianna. Here's what I've come up with so far:

I've made these invites. One for me to give to Dave and one for Clinton to give to Lianna. Clinton and I will be preparing a dinner of:

Strawberry Frisee Salad
Coq Au Vin
Herb Buttered Noodles
Garlic Roasted Asparagus Bundles
Dessert de Fantaisie
(Give something a fancy name and it sounds a lot more special!)

As The Bear will be heading to my mom's for the weekend, Clinton and I will have lots of time to get everything ready. It might be fun...we'll see how it goes!

(Don't forget to enter my Pay It Forward Valentine Contest! Just write a silly Valentine poem and enter it into the comment section of the previous post!)

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That sounds so fancy!

Lavinia said...

Creativity goes a long long way, I believe, even further than $$$ sometimes. These menus are an excellent idea, and your dinner sounds superb. I'd like to see a photo of "Dessert de Fantaisie" if you please! Thanks....

Lissaloo said...

What a sweet idea! Things with more effort & heart are always better! <3

AZMom said...

What a great idea! I love Coq Au Vin!! It will be just hubby, Busy Boy and I for V-Day. Bug is sleeping over at a friend's house.

AMIT said...

Good post.

Haiku Poems

Nick and Aubrey said...

Aw that's so fun :) Nick and I didnt do anything but be lazy bums all day and watch movies in bed and play games on our computers... in bed lol. we eventually got up and went to the hot tub for a while, but that was our gift to eachother this year... a whole day to ourselves with no other interruptions :) It beats gaining weight from chocolates any day :)

Jaime said...

That is such a cute idea. How fun!