Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bush Fires In Melbourne

I just got an email this morning from the dad of one of our Australian exchange students. He sent me a link with information regarding the bush fires that are happening right now in Melbourne. I am glad to hear that his family is well away from the fires, and today, I'll check that our other exchange student's family is ok. Both families live in Melbourne.

I feel bad that I haven't heard about the fires before today. I rarely watch the news anymore. I need to stay more up to date with what's going on!

Nearly 200 people and countless wildlife have lost their lives in this inferno. Those who have been able to escape are left with just the clothes on their backs. Please say a prayer for all those in harms way and for those battling this terrible fire. I hope they can get things under control soon!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I didn't realize how devastating the fires have been!

Lissaloo said...

wow, I didn't know anything about it, I hope it's getting better. What a sweet picture though.

giddymomof6 said...

I know! Living in England, it's all over the internet here... since they love the Aussies! I feel so bad for these guys and I do pray for them and their families. I like the new layout! Jenni

AZMom said...

Ah..that is where the koala bear story came from. It was on my cell phone news headline but I didn't read it.

These fires bring back memories of when Southern California was on fire. My BIL almost lost his house in those fire. Very scary. I'm glad your exchange students are safe!

Lavinia said...

The photo of the dead horse I saw yesterday broke my heart. He was a victim of the fire, as have so many other animals been. God help them all!

Darce said...

Awesome picture!