Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Woe is me...The whining post

My house is a certified disaster area. I still have boxes of stuff we used for the party sitting in my living room. There is not one room that is presentable. And, I have this MASSIVE wooden armoire that my friend, Donna, gave me, sitting just inside my front door. Dave and Clinton picked it up over the weekend while I was gone and they landed it smack in the middle of the walkway. They say it is so heavy that I have to decide where I want it before they touch it again, because they are only moving it once.

We have big plans for a garage sale this weekend. I am dreading it. I have had a migraine for the last 4 days and spent the whole day yesterday in bed with a cold rice bag over my eyes. How in the heck in the world am I supposed to get everything together and organized. Right now, the light shining in through the window is making me squint in pain and in two minutes, I am running back to the dark, cool quietness that is my bed.

I guess I'll try taking some more Excedrin to see if it will drive the headache away and perk me up a bit. There is a case of Red Bulls sitting on the counter. But you may remember what happened last time when I mixed the two...

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Garage sales are hard work!

And I will totally tell Rob about your offer. I think he might be willing to come to AZ. He was willing to go to Portland once.

AZMom said...

I hope you are feeling better!! Migraines are the worst!!

Lavinia said...

I remember that post! I thought it was hilarious (at least the last photo).

Have you tried extra strength advil liquigels. The bottle is white with dark blue lettering. The liquigels are a clear light honey colour (not the blue migraine ones).

Two of these stopped my last headache clear in its tracks.

I hope your excedrin did the trick. I hope you have help for the sale.

Post a pic of that armoire, I'd like to see it....

Strider said...

I am again worn out by all your activity......I'm having a glass of wine and sitting down!!!! I hope you are feeling better. You sure are a hard worker! Take care and good luck on the garage sale....hey, maybe you can sell the chest that is blocking the hall way!!!!!