Sunday, November 23, 2008

Garage Sale...blah!

Well, we survived the dreaded Garage Sale! My mom came on Wednesday and we spent the days dragging stuff into the living room and pricing it. We ran the sale on Friday and Saturday. Can I just say...People are so cheap!! We pretty much had to just give stuff away. And we had good stuff! We didn't make as much as we had hoped, but we at least we have some money to go into Clinton's Europe fund.

A great side effect of the sale is that our garage looks FABULOUS!! We moved stuff around, swept and got rid of TONS of stuff! I made a trip to Goodwill last night will a van full of leftovers, and now we're done.

It's been a rough week. I have had migrains almost every day. I think it's time to go to the Dr. again. I hate Dr.'s.

Now...if I can get my house decorated this week and then start in on Thanksgiving cooking. (sigh)



Clinton and Lianna working the sale. This is Saturday after a lot of stuff was gone.

The mad drumstick war! Nice hats guys!


10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad that you had a successful sale, overall!

Nikki said...

Garage sales are always a pain. However it always feel good to get rid of stuff and then when you have a successful one too! WA who!

Tag Sell It Community Manager said...

There's generally 3 good things that come out of a great sale. 1) Getting rid of stuff and making room 2) Making a bit of money 3) Having some stuff left over to donate.

We're glad you had a good sale!

-The team at tagsellit.com

Linda Bennett said...

Huge accomplishment! Good for you.

Lavinia said...

Oh I know how cheap people can be! Whenever I have had garage sales (twice in my life) I am stunned by a)how the crappiest stuff always sells first, and b) how stuff already priced rock bottom, you have people asking for even further price reductions. Bugs me!

Di said...

I have a love/hate relationship with garage sales. Why do they have to start so early? I like to get rid of stuff and to make money but I hate getting it ready and sitting there all day.

AZMom said...

At least you made some money! Garage sales are such a PITA but I'm glad you got rid of some stuff, made some money and donated what was left! Good job!

Amy said...

Sounds crazy. I've never done a garage sale, but they seem really stressful. Glad you made some dough.

Strider said...

That's how we do it. The purpose of a garage sale has never been about the money...it's getting rid of stuff and blessing people. Then, what's left over goes to goodwill.

Sal and Sharilyn said...

Erica:
I just found your blog on Bethany's blog list. How the heck are you? I am good. I am still married and we now have four foster kids living with us. None of our own. WE may have to get them other ways. Sorry I missed your garage sale. Let me know how you are doinng. My email is salandsharilyn@gmail.com. I will invite you to our blog so we can stay in touch. Sharilyn Miller