Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall Country Fair

In our church, everyone is assigned a different job, which we all happily do for free. I have done many things in my life; Sunday School teacher, Nursery leader, various Primary and Relief Society callings, the list goes on and on. Right now, Dave and I are called as Co Activities Committee Chair People. ("Co" meaning that I do most of the planning, purchasing and assigning and he sets up and takes down tables and chairs! lol) That means that 4 times a year, we throw big shin digs for all the people in our ward, usually for between 100 - 200 people.

Saturday was our fall event! We usually do a Trunk or Treat at Halloween, but this year, we opted for a Fall Country Fair. It was a huge success! And this time, I actually delegated a lot of the assignments so it was really a group effort! We had about 200 people come and I hope they all had a great time. I always stress so much over these things, so it's never so fun for me, but everyone looked pretty happy. Here are some pics...


For our main food, we had chili, hot dogs, tortilla chips and nachos! Easy food to feed a big crowd!

The Relief Society was in charge of the Homemade Bread and Jam booth, as well as the Homemade Ice Cream booth! YUMMY!


One of the Young Women's booths was face painting! They did and awesome job!


The Primary did crafts and coloring pages!


The Young Men helped out with the Bean Bag Toss!


The Young Women also did this cute Fishing Pond!


Balloon Darts! Thanks Young Men!


Johnny Mac and the Gil Boys!
So, Clinton and some of his Jazz Band friends were in my Garage for most of the day Saturday practicing for a "gig" they are doing at the music store next week. I talked them into "practicing" at my party! They were awesome! They played lots of Instrumental Jazz and Rock tunes! They were the hit of the party!

Many of the older people enjoyed storytelling inside where it was a bit warmer!


Mmmmm...pie eating contest!


We also had two pinatas inside. One for the older and one for the younger kids. Pinatas are always such a hit! Also inside were display tables where people showed off their talents! Art, sewing, canning, ect.


November is our ward's 5th birthday! So I got a birthday cake for the occasion! Here is our current Bishop and his counselors. I also did pictures with the other combinations of men that have served in our Bishopric's in the last 5 years.

A huge THANKS to everyone who helped make this party successful! Now...I have just a month before I have to throw the Christmas Party! Sheesh! Anyone have any great ideas???

12 comments:

Jaime said...

Woah. That sounds like an incredible party! I love how the different organizations got involved. What a great idea.

Kristina P. said...

I so wish I was in a normal ward. This looks like so much fun!

And I love your new header!

Strider said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Have a good week.

Darce said...

You always throw the best activities! Would've been fun to be there! It was fun to see everyone's pictures--sure miss you guys!

Brittney Smith said...

It was so fabulous. We had a great time. You truly thought of everything!!

Dave said...

Faboo party as always my dear!

Btw, you can see my drawings on the table behind the storytelling.

Di said...

Looks fun!

Nikki said...

As stressful as it is. Girl you know how to put everything together and have a great party. You should think about doing it for a living and getting paid for it. Your awesome. I want to move to your ward.

Amy said...

Fun fun!! I'm so impressed at the clever idea! It looks like it all was a hit and that everyone had a great time. So wish we could've been there. We miss you all still.

AZMom said...

Looks like a great time!!! We are going to the kid's fall festival on Friday. I can't wait!

Lavinia said...

I think I would have enjoyed the balloon darts. You certainly had a lot of activities. All look like they are having fun. Glad you delegated---hooray!

The cake looks yummy. All these bloggers are posting cake pics...waaaaa, I want some!!!

Kristina P. said...

For some reason, it feels like you haven't posted in forever, but I guess it was just Monday!