Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bah...

Usually by this time, I am in full fledged holiday spirit! I am usually itching to put out all my Christmas crap and set the tree up. This year...not so much. I have even tried listening to Christmas music on the radio and on tv through Sirius Holly. But, instead of making me feel jolly, it kind of just ticks me off.

What is wrong with me? There are several stressful situations going on right now that are requiring much attention and brain space. Maybe I just don't have room for the "jolly". Also, this is a tough year financially for us. (Isn't it for everyone?) It makes Christmas more of a worry than something to look forward too.

All of that, plus the fact that I can literally sleep all day adds up to nothing getting done. Not even those dishes sitting in my sink, mocking me. Or the piles of laundry littering the floor of my bedroom.

I need to snap out of it and quit whining. But I don't want to. Bah.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I like Christmas, but all the expectations do get stressful.

Lavinia said...

Oh its way too soon to be in the Christmas spirit. It has to at least be December...

Di said...

Maybe you could do something thoughtful instead of gifts.
As for your funk. It is hard sometimes and you ALWAYS have so much to do. Relax and let the sprit come instead of all the worry

Strider said...

Maybe a nice glass of red wine would help!!!! I did have to laugh at your "christmas crap" phrase. You are really funny in your writting...heck, it brightened my day. Thanks. I went through what you're going through a few years ago..I was all about "tradition". God sort of blew up my boxes related to this, and I have enjoyed the season so much more. Maybe it's time for some new traditions at your house. Anyway, have a great Friday, and thanks for the good laugh. I appreciate it.

Nikki said...

I am right behind you feeling the same way. I think it is because of all the other Stresses that add to this one. I totally should be into it I just got back from the Polar Express and decorated the blog Christmasy. It is not working,