Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WAY Back In The Day

I grew up in a small town in New Mexico. Every year, the big summer event was the Connie Mack World Series where teams would come from all over the U.S. to play. The players were between the ages of 16 to 18. Every year there would be a pageant and the winners would host the teams on their stay in Farmington. The summer before my senior year, I decided to enter the pageant. I wasn't a big winner, but still had a great time being an attendant for the Pacific Team from California. Our team won the championship that year! Several of our players went on to play in the Major Leagues, the most famous being Bret Boone who played many years for the Mariners.

I just found these photos and thought I'd post them and take a stroll down memory lane!


Me at the pageant. I thought I was so fat. What was I thinking!

Hi, my name is Erica, blah, blah, blah....


Some of us with some of the team. I'm in green. So 80's, right??

The big parade! See my blond hair? Long story there...

Bret Boone playing horse shoes. Oooo...those California boys were so cute!

9 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

So neat seeing your memories come alive. Very cute. You are still very pretty! The 80's were a hoot. I did love the shoulder pads though. I have the big hips and they kind of balanced me out. I know a lot of people think they were goofy, but I have to admit, I really like them. I enjoyed your quirks.

AZMom said...

that is so cool to see. thanks for sharing

Lavinia said...

What a doll you were! (And still are!). No need to explain about the big blond hairdo. We have all been there and done that. It was the 80's. Mousse...spray...gel....volume was the name of the game, no wonder we have that big ol' hole in the ozone today...I have heard Jon Bon Jovi say that he feels personally responsible for it because of the gigantic hairdo he had in the 80's. What a hoot!

Nice stroll down memory lane here......fun to do!

Strider said...

The Mariners haven't been worth a hoot since they got rid of Brett Boone! I've been to Farmington several times on business....making calls at the Nampi Indian reservation farms. Big area.

Amy said...

Oh man, you can't beat the '80's!! Those are awesome pics and you look stylin'!!!

flaredblond said...

Those were fun times ! :)

marleigh's mommy said...

what a pretty women you are hey no baby yet just contractions it stinks hopefully by thursdaay hhehehehe we will see

Jaime said...

Those are such great pictures! How fun.

Shel said...

I found this blog waaayyy to late to really comment on this, but I was trying to find something about the Connie Mack pageant online, but all I found was this! :)

I was in the pageant in 1991...didn't win either. I heard later that it was heavily rigged. Ah well.

Good to find someone else who knows something about this!