Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pass The Geritol

I have decided that there's nothing that makes you feel older than looking at colleges with your kids. This last weekend, Clinton, my dad and I drove up to Flagstaff to go on a tour of Northern Arizona University. My dad graduated from there 35 years ago and was excited to go up with us to see how things had changed.

It is a beautiful campus! And the weather was fabulous! We left the 100 degree temps and enjoyed the mid 60's while walking around and taking it all in. It is a small school for a state university, only 15,000 students, but that was a big part of the charm. It is situated in Flagstaff, a small town right at the base of the San Francisco Peaks mountains. Absolutely beautiful!


I have a feeling that this is going to be Clinton's choice, and I can't blame him. We'll see how the scholarships pan out. He has already toured ASU and soon we will head down to Tucson to have a look at the U of A. As for me, I'd take the cool temps and clean air in a heartbeat!

(I had cool pics to go along with this post...but BLOGGER!!! ERRRGGG!)

9 comments:

Darce said...

You're funny Erica--I love your title! BTW, did Konnie get married a couple of weeks ago?

AZMom said...

I love Flagstaff!! We are going up there the 2nd weekend of October to see all the fall colors. We go every year.

I am sure he love it up there. Plus it's not too far from home!

Lavinia said...

I can't believe your baby is old enough to go off to college....another milestone in your (and his life)....there will be many a tear shed on that day, but happy tears....our babies are growing up, drama mama.....

Amy said...

How fun, and weird at the same time, I bet! If your comparing ASU to NAU campuses, how could you not fall in love with NAU? ASU is so ugly and it's all concrete with a few trees. It's an easy choice in that regard. I hope he gets lots of scholarships!

Strider said...

I'm with you......out of the "Valley of the Sun" and up to Flag! Beautiful area. I really like it. My oldest daughter is getting her Masters (on line) from there.

Di said...

Yes but I would KILL to have one of the kids move out. Okay I say that now. And we do have four, but it sounds wonderful. Especially to go away to college.

Nikki said...

You are so darn cute! I can not believe he is going to be a college boy! Holy buckets!

Lavinia said...

Hi Drama Mama, just popping in to say 'hi' and see what snoo....

Carter Family said...

Erica that is so cool!!!! What a proud moment for a mom. Love ya.