Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surgery Tomorrow

The Bear is having surgery in the morning. We have to be at the hospital over in Phoenix by 5am. Oye! They will be operating on both of his legs, clipping the tendons in his calves, to prevent him from walking on his toes anymore. This is the last resort, as the leg braces he has been wearing for the past few years haven't really been doing it. He will be in casts for 6 weeks after the surgery (smelly and yucky!), then will do leg braces for 6 months after that. Hopefully, that will be it. (We were looking at leg braces indefinitely without the surgery.)

I am feeling really anxious and nervous about it. It's not a HUGE deal, but still, I'll be glad when it's over. I've got a LOT to do today, and I hope I can get through it all with minimal stress.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow I had no idea. Do you guys need anything? Dinner? I am fasting today for no pacific reason..Now I know why I was fasting. Keep us posted on how he is doing and you!

Josh and Cori said...

Good luck with everything-it's hard putting your kid through surgery-to see them in pain, and to know there's not much you can do, besides comfort them and wait on them hand and foot. I hope he does okay. I know the stress it can cause even though it's not you personally going through the surgery. Take some deep breaths and say lots of little prayers!!

AZMom said...

Big huge hugs my friend to you and Bear!! Let me know when he gets home and that everything is okay. I will be praying for you!!

And yes, we need to do a mom's only lunch. I think we both need it!!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

nanatrish said...

I'll be praying for the little Bear. Bless his heart!

supermummy said...

greetings from malaysia!

anyway just blog hopping and accidentally found your blog..and really enjoy reading it! anyway i too will be praying for the Bear..

Chicka said...

(((HUGS)))

Thinking good thoughts and checking in for updates on Bear.

Take it easy Momma...breathe deep and hug him lots.

Jaime said...

My prayers are with you too. It'd be hard to be in casts in such hot weather. I hope all goes well.

Lavinia said...

Okay, I'm reading backwards through your posts....catching up on blogland here..... so now I see what the surgery was, and reading that you were anxious about it (of course, what mom wouldn't be).