Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin

All I can say is.......YOU GO GIRL!

I freely admit, I know very little about the "political issues". I don't debate politics because I know I would lose. So, I have to base a lot of my feelings about the candidates on instinct and intuition. (Maybe that's wrong...sue me!)

My feelings about Obama.......RUN AWAY! He gives me the creeps!

My feelings about McCain....Eh...but at least he represents my belief system. I have to say though, I think his choice for a VP is genius!

I watched this morning as Sarah Palin was introduced and listened to her speak. My feelings are that she is a "real" person. Not one of those politicians who will blow smoke up our tail ends to get a vote. I love the idea that she's a "mom". Not a Hillary Clinton, scary, ball breaking mom, but a real mom. I love that her oldest son is serving in the military. I love that her youngest is only 4 months old and yet here she is! It makes me feel hopeful that mom can become more than just slaves at home, but can really make a difference out there in the world. I love that she doesn't seem intimidated by the position, but can just stand there and matter of factly say what she thinks and what she believes. I feel like she would represent me and what's important to my family.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the following weeks. It makes me actually want to sit up and pay attention to what's going on!

Go McCain/Palin!! Kick Obama's trash! Please!

8 comments:

Strude said...

All I'll say is McCain can no longer rant and rave about Obama's lack of experience.

Strider said...

This has really energized the R party. I'm excited....and as to strude's comment......She has been a mayor of a small city and govenor of Alaska. She may not have a lot of other experience, but Obama has ZERO! Secondly, she is a VP with limited experience, not running for President with no experience. Sorry Drama, but I just couldn't help myself! Have a great weekend.

Josh and Cori said...

I agree. This was a smooth move on his part. It will be interesting to see what happens!

Di said...

I might have to stop reading your blog... j/k not really but we will FOR SURE have to agree to disagree here.

On that same note, there is NO way that she is ready to president and chances are with McCain's health that is exactly what will happen.

Lavinia said...

Well for some reason this lady made the front page headlines in all my local papers and I'm in Canada! One of the headlines screamed "Gun-toting Mom".

Hhhhmmmmm.....well I know nothing about her but I'm sure that even though I don't really read the news, some of who she is will trickle through to me. It's always nice to see a woman attain such an exalted position.

AZMom said...

I completely agree with you girlfriend!! Go Palin/McCain!

CO Mommy of 3 said...

She may be a mom, but can she run a country? Can she be a President with no experience on anything should anything happen to McCain? I fear that more than anything. Obama used to creep me out but a mom as VP or PRes creeps me out more. :)

strude said...

Zero experience?

Yeah, strider, because senators don't do crap. And what's McCain again, oh that's right, a senator. But he's been there longer. Who cares.

Personally, I believe the issue of experience is overplayed by both sides. Who can ever really have the experience to be President of the United States, except a past President?

My point was simply that the Republicans can't play the experience card as heavily.

And, of course, political debate in a forum like this, and almost any other forum, is pointless. You shout your ra-ras, I shout mine and we both walk away thinking we won. It's like arguing about religion.

Besides, I'm just some schmuck trying to pay a mortgage. I couldn't - and don't really care to try - convincing you who to vote for. That's a candidate's job.

But, I will say this. I do not like the present state of this country, and I don’t like where it appears to be headed. So, for the first time in my life, I will be voting Democrat.

Can Obama fix it? I don't think any one man can, but I will say this: I believe Obama. I believe he is sincere. I believe Obama really wants to improve this country. I don't feel that from McCain in the slightest. He seems to just be taking the next expected step in an overly long political career.

Because of this, I was never going to vote for the so-called maverick, no matter who his running mate was. Unless it was Jesus. Is Jesus available?