Saturday, August 02, 2008

Patriotic Dinner

Tonight, Dave and I were in charge of a big dinner and program at our church. As one of our members is being deployed to Afghanistan, I thought it would be nice to have a patriotic program honoring him and the others who had served in the armed forces.

I have to say, it really came off great! We had an awesome turnout...every seat filled. And we had PLENTY of food, even though I was worried at the beginning. We got help from our committee and everything went great! Dave put a video together with pictures of all those who had served, in their uniforms. It was AWESOME! You know it was a hit when you turn the lights back on and everyone is in tears! Great job honey!

Here are some of my favorite shots from the night!..


I just LOVE this man! He is one of my most favorite people ever! And he's ALWAYS got a smile on his face!

Don't you just love this! So handsome!


God Bless you as you go off to serve, and keep you safe from harm. We promise to take good care of your family while you're gone!

9 comments:

Darce said...

Dang! I'm so bummed I had to miss it! You ALWAYS pull off great activities--one of your many talents! I'm glad to hear it went so well--and tears are definitely evidence of that! Congrats to you and Dave. I'm glad you had enuf food!! And, I'm going to miss you, too.

SalGal said...

I'm getting teary just looking at those pictures!!

LL said...

Hi Drama mama----remember me, Lavinia! I'm slowly getting caught up in blogland....I've landed here...looking around....I see you have a new banner, very nice, big smiles all around...

Your dinner sounds like such a success. Nice to see the oldsters and their pics 'back in the day'.

Let's all hope that those who serve abroad and shed blood for their country, live to return home...

beth said...

great...I'm crying while reading your blog...

Awesome thing you guys did....

Nikki said...

I would have been in tears. You are truly amazing.

Bethany and Cameron said...

I can agree with everything you said here--it was a WONDERFUL party! You guys did such an amzing job--thank you for all that hard work you put into it--every minute was perfect! You guys rock!

Jaime said...

You guys are so awesome. I bet that meant the world to those men and their families.

AZMom said...

Way to go! Glad it turned out so well!

Next retreat, you come with me! We had a great time!!

Strider said...

Nice job in honoring the local troops. I really appreciate your efforts.....and those of our fighting men and women.