Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 2

The Bear is doing great! He still can't walk, but is finding it impossible to sit still. So, he has discovered that he can get about anywhere he wants to by either scooting on his butt or crawling. As long as he isn't trying to walk, the pain is very minimal. And the pain meds that are supposed to make him drowsy have had just the opposite effect. All of the rest of us are exhausted and he is full of energy. He was up at 5am today, ready to play.

Our goal is that he'll be back to school on Monday. They gave us these velcro sandals that will fit over the casts, making it easier to walk on them. As soon as it doesn't hurt to take a step, he'll be as mobile as ever. I do have some reservations about sending him to school, but I think everything will be fine. (I hope!)

My mom is staying with us for a few days and he is thrilled! He doesn't want to leave her side. It's a treat for us to have my parents living so close now!

5 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I'm so happy to hear Bear is doing good and coming along with his casts. That's neat that your parents live near and can help you out. I am continuing to pray for you and I hope you don't think I'm too preachy. You can tell me if you do.

AZMom said...

I am so happy to hear he is doing well. You might look into seeing if he can have an aide with him the first few days until he figures out how to walk and run in his casts.

Give him a hug from us!

Amy said...

Wow, what an ordeal. I'm sure you're exhausted in every way. I'm glad he's doing well so far.

Nikki said...

I am so happy to hear everything is doing good. I am glad Aunt Marge can stay with you for a few days. Boys, they always find away to do things.

Lavinia said...

Wonderful post! I'm pleased that Bear is up and about, well on his way to recovery.....and its also really good news that the grandparents are close by....