Monday, August 04, 2008

Bleh....

Those of you who know me well, or are frequent readers of my blog will not be surprised to hear that when I woke up Sunday morning, (after the big party Saturday Night), I was sick as a dog. Not even just my normal sick. Fever, achy sick. This happens all the time. I push myself so hard when I have to plan these things, that by the time they are over, my body CRASHES. Sometimes it's a migraine, sometimes it's a sinus infection. But, it happens about 90% of the time, my body has bad reactions to stress. I had really been trying to take care of myself this time too. Vitamins, Zicam, Airborn...no luck.

From now until the end of the year, I have 4 big events to plan:

A friend's wedding....6 weeks from now
A Fall Festival for church...6 weeks after that
The Marching Band Awards Banquet...4 weeks after that
A Christmas Party for church...2 weeks after that.

So...how many more times will I get sick this year? I'm guessing 4. But what can I do?

Clinton's driving me to the Dr. right now, then I'm going back to bed.

15 comments:

Nikki said...

Think Positive Think Positive!

Nikki said...

Also the Sicilian Soup is yummy. Mindy is one of my great friends.

Sharr said...

i'm back and recovering nicely i think lol... remind me when i see you to give you some money for those catalogs-- so i don't forget to get them! lol... i'm such a schizo... i swear i should take out stock in post it notes lol!

AZMom said...

UGH! Get to feeling better! I was sick Saturday night at my retreat so I can totally relate (stomach garbage and a high fever!).

Get better!

Big hugs!

SalGal said...

I'm thinking you can ask with a clear conscience to be released...

nanatrish said...

I do the same thing. I always say it's "exceeding my fun level". I hope you are feeling better now. I think we have a personality to jump into something with both feet and the whole body. A little OCD maybe. Here I am getting ready for my little trip to Indiana and I have had a goofy headache for 3 days. You will do a great job at your future activities.

Johnny X said...

I feel ya. Happens to me EVERYTIME after finals. I hate it.

Jaime said...

Ugh, I hope you are feeling better today.

Strider said...

That sucks! Maybe it's just me and my thought, but maybe you shouldn't commit like that.......

Bethany and Cameron said...

Okay Erica, I want you to call me to help you with these the ward Fall Festival and Christmas party! I am volunteering!!!! Delegate, delegate, delegate!!:) You are such a great party planner though--we totally all benefit from all the detail you put into every party.:) Thank you for givin' 400%!

Brittney Smith said...

I am so sorry you are sick. No fun!! WE loved the party, yo did such a great job!! I remember when I was the party planner for church, it felt like it was never ending. One party after another. YOu are a great party planner!!

AZMom said...

I hope you are feeling better now! Our AC is back on! Yeah!! Sooo relieved.

My great uncle passed away today so we are going to Tucson on Friday for his funeral. I have a pic of me and him on my blog as a tribute. He was 90! At least he led a good long life!

Di said...

You have got to take it easy. Let other people do for a change. Say "No"

Chicka said...

Oh no. Feel better, sweetie!

Lavinia said...

Drama Mama, I hope you have lots of help in planning these events. I wonder why your friend isn't planning her own wedding?

Here's hoping you are feeling better soon.....