Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back To School

Yesterday was the first day back to school. It seems like it's been a really short summer!

Here's Clinton, our resident Senior. Can you believe it? Can he really be that old? Can I? Clinton has to be at school at 6:30 every morning for marching band. And, tonight, they have practice after school too, so he won't be home until about 9:30. That's a REALLY long day! He has decided to try and keep working a couple of nights a week, as long as his grades stay up. He has a really full schedule going, but I guess it will keep him out of trouble!


Here is The Bear! We decided with his teachers last year to hold him back in First Grade this year. I hope we made the right decision. It makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it, but I'm sure everything will all work out. He is just fine with staying in First Grade. I just hope he doesn't get teased by some of the kids from his class last year. It's a worry.

Now, you'd think with all my free time, I'd get my house clean or something. Well, it didn't happen yesterday. Maybe today. Maybe.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Back to school already? I'm sure you feel a slight sense of freedom now! And remember, mom's hardly ever have free time so don't feel bad cleaning the house didn't wasn't one of the many things calling for your attention. Caden looks so big. I love your new color scheme, by the way. Very cute.

Di said...

Wow school starts early there? I LOVE when the kids go back to school. Even if I am not home, it is still nice to know they are elsewhere and actually learning something!

Being held back sometimes does amazing things for kids frame of mind. This way he is already ahead of everyone else. It gives him an advantage and a bit of "teacher" status.

Strider said...

Probably better to hold him back now that struggle with school the rest of his life. I liked kindergarden because school only lasted 1/2 a day and only 3 months. I was good with it. But when first grade came, I figured out ways to be sick so I could stay home and play.....;but I grew out of it...after I graduated from college!!! He'll probably love school this year. Be blessed.

Jaime said...

Wow, I can't believe they are in school already. Cute boys.

AZMom said...

I know he will do well in 1st grade again. You did the right thing!!

Wow on Clinton being a senior. I hope his busy schedule allows him to keep his grades up!

big hugs!

Lavinia said...

Best of luck to both of your handsome boys as they embark upon the new school year. We still have a couple of weeks of summer left before the schools start up here.

All the best for the coming school year....