Thursday, July 31, 2008

So much going on

Everything has been so crazy busy here. And, my house and computer have been taken over by boys, so I haven't had much of a chance to blog. Here are a few highlights...


First off...here is the finished quilt we gave to Dave's niece on her wedding Saturday. My participation was minimal, but I got to be in the picture anyway!




From Sunday night to Wednesday morning, I was in Florence, (Arizona), babysitting (grandma sitting) my grandma so my parents could go to Albuquerque for an appointment. It was nice to get away from the noise and hub bub at my house for awhile. I could actually hear myself think.

I got home yesterday morning and was right back in the mix of mess and chaos. A house full of boys, the phone ringing off the hook, and various surprise visitors throughout the day. I tried to go to bed early last night, but it didn't happen. This morning, I woke up at 4am so I could take my sister in law and niece to the airport. I got home at about 5:30 and went back to bed. I woke up again at 8 to the sound of the doorbell...and a HUGE headache. I've taken a ton of stuff and I can't get it to go away. This doesn't bode well for the rest of my busy day. Tonight is the Band BBQ to culminate the end of Band Camp at Clinton's school. I have to make a pot luck dish to take, put together a scrapbook basket to give away as a door prize, and put together a presentation I have to do at the BBQ. All I really want to do is sleep.

Here are a couple of Band Camp pictures...I'm waiting to see the ones from yesterday...Super Hero day!



The next church activity that Dave and I are in charge of is Saturday night. One of the men from our church is a Navy JAG, and is being deployed to Afghanistan for over 400 days. We are having a Patriotic program and dinner to honor him and the other men from our ward who have served in the military. We are trying to put together a video with pictures of all the men in their uniforms. It hasn't been easy trying to collect the pictures, and we still have about 10 we need. I've got the dinner pretty much under control, but the whole thing is just so stressful. I'll be happy when it's over!


I am running out of things to feed these boys. Yesterday, I resorted to the $5 pizza at Little Caesars. Pasta again today. I'll throw in some broccoli to try and make it healthy.

5 comments:

nanatrish said...

I sure hope your head is feeling better. Don't you just hate those stupid headaches? I had one yesterday and I think it was a sinus headache. I have been sneezing so I think something is in the air. I hope your dinner was a success. Do the boys like grilled cheese sandwiches? That's an easy quick cheap lunch. Throw a few chips on the plate and away you go!

Bethany and Cameron said...

Um, okay, just reading that post completely wore me out! I can't believe how busy you are! Geez! Call me whenever I can help you out! I'm just chillin' at home with Haylee!

LL said...

Look out Drama Mama...burnout may be just around the corner. You are one very busy lady!

Jaime said...

That's cool you were able to take a little breather and spend time with your Grandma. You are one of the busiest people I know!

AZMom said...

The quilt is gorgeous! Sounds like you have been busy. I have been wondering where you were. LOL

Your new blog background is very pretty. I still can't get mine to change because of all the widgets I have. Oh well. I'm okay with what I have for now. LOL