Friday, July 11, 2008

Seriously...Where Do They Go?

When Dave and I got married, 8 years ago, we got two sets of great Oneida flatware, 8 place settings each. That would be 32 forks, (including salad forks), and 32 spoons, (including soup spoons). So...where in the heck are they all? I can only find about 10 forks and maybe 12 spoons. This makes me a little crazy! Where have they disappeared to? Under beds? At work in a desk? In someone's locker? Come on!

Here's the "wedding" flatware...Oneida "Flight"
So, now I'm in the market for some new flatware. I want something nice, but not expensive. Just so happens that Dave sells flatware on his online mall. So I've been perusing today and found this set. What do you think? It's a little plain...but I like it.

"Charade" by Yamazaki

Now, I just need to talk him into letting me order it!

10 comments:

Misty said...

They are cute...
but i have a theory in re: to the silverware... I think it's hanging out with the missing socks.

Chicka said...

I'm with Misty. We had two sets of really cute Onieda stuff once upon a time.

I'm sure there's some under my bed (courtesy of my kids) yet to be found (even though we don't allow food upstairs!)...rotten kids. It's always their fault.

Nikki said...

I always wonder where the silverware goes to as well. Three years ago I turned into this crazy lady. Now I watch all my dishes and silverware like some freak.Nothing is going to come up missing if I can help it.

Di said...

Okay, same thing here. I think I have gotten three sets in the last 14 odd years. I blame it on the kids!

Darce said...

I like it. Plain is fine--heck, it's gonna get lost again anyway!

By the way, I'm sorry about the surgery situation! I hope that's not going to present a problem with school! They're still not itching, but Eliza had two new spots this morning. It's weird!

nanatrish said...

I really like the plain. It looks simple, yet elegant. I lose silverware also. Where does stuff go? Same thing with my husband's socks. There's so many questions I have in life.....

Strider said...

They are right along side of the socks that disappear in the dryer!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

I think that the patterns are close enough to blend well together. I say go for it!

As for the missing cutlery, I think cutlery is used more often than we realize, for "non food" reasons. Also, as I know too well from personal experience, when residents of a home do not always confine their eating to the kitchen or dining room, the cutlery quite often doesn't make it back to the sink/dishwasher. I have found a number of cutlery pieces wedged down in the sofa, under the beds, in bedroom drawers, and in the garage!

I think I need to do a "sweep" of my house with a giant magnet and suck all the missing cutlery out of its hiding places....

AZMom said...

I like it! We are in the mood for new silverware too. I am tired of having to run the dishwasher every other day just to have flatware!

Jaime said...

I like the new silverware. My silverware drawer is short on everything but butter knives. It is overflowing with them.