Sunday, July 06, 2008

Doh!

So, this morning when I got up, I put a roast into the crock pot with some bbq sauce for us to eat for dinner, after church. As today was Fast Sunday, we were STARVING when we got home. I have to tell you , I was really looking forward to it.

As I walk in the door, I don't smell the roast. Weird. I check on it and then find out I had turned the crockpot to "warm" instead of "high". We still had a completely raw roast. Crap.

So, we had pancakes. Not quite the same, but at least I'm not hungry. Maybe the roast will be done for a midnight snack.

6 comments:

nanatrish said...

I'm sorry that happened. Don't you hate it when you have a certain taste for something and expect it to be cooking and all ready to eat. Pancakes sound pretty good to me right now. I need to be asleep and resting for the new week, but nooooo here I am looking at blogs. Have a great week!

Strider said...

LOL! Were you able to put the BBQ sauce on the pancakes!!!!!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Ha! I knew it had to be something like that.

You know sometimes I crock pot overnight and its always a mistake because the cooking aroma keeps the dog up all night...

AZMom said...

LOL I've only done that ONCE! You won't do it again..Promise you that! LOL

Amy said...

HUGE, HUGE fast-Sunday bummer!! That really is a big "Doh!" Something I'd totally do.

Dave said...

My mom was famous for "crunchy potatoes" because she would forget to turn on the oven before church.

We'd come home and have cold foil wrapped potatoes. So she would fire it up, but by dinner-time they wouldn't be all the way cooked.