Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Car Woes

We were sitting at a stop light on our way to a baseball game on the 4th of July. As the light changed, I pushed the gas and heard a loud "CLUNK". The only gear I could get the van to go into was reverse. Clinton, our muscle man in residence, pushed the van across the intersection and into the McDonald's parking lot.

Luckily, my mom was with us, with her handy dandy AAA card. We were able to call and have it towed in to the shop for free. So, that was 5 days ago. As of tonight, we still have not heard anything about it. Dave has called, but the shop is so busy, they haven't even got around to looking at it yet.

We are about 90% sure that it is the transmission. (nice...right?) The good thing...we have an extended warranty that should cover it, minus $100. That would be great! But, as we are still waiting to hear, we have no idea what we're in for. I'm not sure the van is even worth what we'd have to pay for a new transmission.

I feel VERY anxious about it! I sure hope they call tomorrow!

7 comments:

Strider said...

I hate car problems! But....cars are a necessary evil....this is probably how the cowboys felt years ago....poop to clean up, boarding them, feeding them, buying accessories for them, etc....but, they could get you there faster than walking!!! Good luck on the repairs!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

5 days? That seems excessively long.....lets all hope its nothing too serious and you can soon get on your way without your wallet taking a big hit....

SalGal said...

It's the transmission. Trust me.

I know of that which I speak.

Don't ask. We are never talking about it again. Except to say that we were hours away from home, with a child not our own (or even related) and all auto shops had long since closed for the day.

And we had no money.

Ok, now I'm never speaking of it again for reals.

Di said...

I HATE car trouble. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Jaime said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I hope it turns out okay. It's great that you have the warranty!

Chicka said...

Yep, that's the tranny. Keeping fingers crossed that they cover it. Hang in there, hon. I'll be looking for the update!

AZMom said...

Yikes! That is scary!! Any word from them yet?