Monday, July 14, 2008

Car Woes II...The Aggrevation Continues

As I previously posted, the transmission on the van went out on July 4th. It has been at the shop ever since. So, Friday we find out that transmissions ARE covered under our warranty, but the warranty company may not agree to pay. They say we should have had our transmission serviced before now. (Of course, they don't tell you these things when you're forking out the extra dough for the warranty.) We've had the van just over a year. How was I supposed to know I was supposed to service the transmission. Now, we have to have it towed to a transmission place, have them take it apart, and then an "inspector" will look at it to decide if they will pay for it. If they won't, it will be about $3000. I can tell you right now, we don't have $3000 to pay for it. We don't even have the $150 the tow company wants to charge us to tow it to the transmission place. I want to cry...and I might.

I spoke with the dealership we bought the van from on Friday. The warranty place wants a print out of what was serviced before we bought it. Well, the dealership doesn't even have record that we purchased it. In their computer, it is still listed under the previous owner. Idiots. I know I'm paying money every month to someone. Today I had to leave a voicemail for the person who can pull the actual records of the purchase.

And...I have a killer headache today. Clouds. They sometimes do that to me. I need to go down to the dealership to fight in person, but I just can't right now. I feel like crap.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cars can be so aggravating, can't they?? I hope it all works out and that you don't have to fork over all that money! I loved the monsoon pics, by the way. We've had some fun storms here too.

Bethany and Cameron said...

That is such crap! I hate how they always make it YOUR fault for NOT doing something they never even told you to do!!! They can always find a way to weasel outta anything! Makes me grouchy for you! And I get headaches with the pressure change too, so I feel ya...:( Hang in there--somehow it will work out...

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

aaargghhh!!! So sorry about the headache but don't you *dare* let them get away with this highway robbery. One year is not a long time to go between service visits. They darn well should honour the warranty and I would raise hell and high water to get them to honour it. (Lavinia's two cents worth).

Best of luck to you drama mama...I know you don't need this hassle and aggravation....truly hope it all works out for you....

AZMom said...

Oh my gosh what a headache! I hope you get it all straightened out. You do not need this cr@p!