Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Attack....Of The Killer Potatoes!

Well, I just started in on my second 50lb box of potatoes. Seriously...I think they are having babies. I never want to see another potato again. I got about 40 quarts from the first box.

I didn't work on it at all yesterday, it was just too busy, so today, I'm trying to play catch up. It is taking about 3 hours per batch. I am SO ready to be done!

Sharrs is playing with her dehydrator today. She's doing apples, strawberries and papaya. When I finish these potatoes, that will be my next project. I haven't taken my dehydrator out since we moved here. 7 years ago. It's about time I give it a go!

(That stinkin "The Great and The Terrible" book series! lol They're turning us into domestic nut jobs! lol)

6 comments:

Nikki said...

That is to funny with the Killer potatoes. I never heard of the series I am always up for a good read. Let me know if she thinks of any great recipes for the Dehyadrator I am always looking for new ones. Hey while I was in Greer went to an Antique store and I got an orginal 1942 Kerr canning book with recipes. It has lots of good ones. You will have to check it out.

Sharr said...

ha ha ha!! are you calling me a nut job?? lol.... not that it isn't accurate, but come on.... i'm right here! lol.... my house smells so good! even if the strawberries don't taste good--the smell is fabulous! lol... i'm excited to try that jam... i gotta get on it before my peaches start going bad-- too bad it's so much work to be a domestic nut job lol....

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Well, one thing about potatoes..you can do a zillion things with them. You must be sick of looking at them. I have never heard of those books either. So are they a really good series or what? What do they remind you of?
Don't you just love fried potatoes with eggs mixed in and a little mustard? sounds so yummy.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Everything's coming up spuds over at drama mamas....

Re the birdbath award...nah, all you gotta do is take a snap of a birdie...but it's gotta be a good one....

Strider said...

I work with potatoes...along with other crops...it'll be worth it!! Have fun.

AZMom said...

LOL Have fun!