Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yesterday, I drove my nephew back to Prescott. He was so homesick and kept crying for his brother. We were supposed to have him a week, but the crying was heartbreaking. He was fine when we were "engaging" him, but if there was a 2 second lull, he was at my front door crying again.

A funny thing happened on Monday night. I sat and rocked him in the rocking chair until he fell asleep. When he was good and asleep, I put him in his "nest" on the floor by my bed. (We're afraid to let him sleep upstairs, because I don't want him falling down them in a drowsy state.) I then laid down on my bed to watch "I Love The Millenium" on VH1. At the start, they were talking about the crazy "WAZZZZUPP!" trend that went on in 2000. A couple of seconds later, I hear this little voice coming from the nest on the floor,

"wazzup....WAZZUPPP!"

And then he rolled over and went back to sleep.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That is sad, but the Wazzzuppp, is funny.

AZMom said...

That is funny. I'm sorry he was so upset though. That has to be heart breaking.

nanatrish said...

That's very cute, but sorry you had to take him home. Being homesick is sad though. I hope you are getting rested from your trip. Glad to have you back.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Oh that's too bad that he was so homesick.....but like the others here are saying the wazzzupp is quite amusing....

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

BTW, me likey your new banner!