Monday, June 30, 2008

Some Sunday Shots

Last night was our turn to host the family for our Sunday dinner. Because it had been such a long week, we decided on something easy. Waffles! Dave is the waffle maker at our house, so he got to work on them and I cooked us some bacon, eggs and pink salad to go with them. Yummy!

I thought this was a cute shot of The Bear and Nikki playing Game Boy!

Clinton took advantage of the fact that Grandpa was there and had him help out with a little Algebra II homework. Yay for Grandpa! Dave and I aren't much help with Math!

A good part of the family has been working on this quilt as a gift for Dave's niece for her wedding. Levi quilts are a traditional wedding gift in their family. Dave's Mom and Grandma made lots of them. Now that they're gone, the next generation is trying their hand. Isn't it great! I missed out on getting to help with the sewing, so here I am taking pins out. Not a huge help, but at least it's something!




4 comments:

AZMom said...

So glad that the dinner went well! What a really neat tradition!

The quilt is gorgeous!

Glad you are feeling better!

Nikki said...

I love breakfast for dinner.

nanatrish said...

Okay, I don't know what a Levi quilt is???? Waffles makes me hungry!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Drama mama, please fed-ex me that piece of furniture in the first photo...I need to sink into it and never get up.....

Tee hee! Truthfully, it looks very very comfy....

Now here's something...I looked at the photo of you and I thought, oh look she is resting all comfy under a quilt....and then I read the text and realized my impression was wrong. You were not resting, you were working on the quilt.

Thanks for sharing your waffles supper with us.