Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quite A Day!

The day started with our first attempt to drive out to Florence to help my dad unload his Uhaul. We first stopped at the gas station to fill up the van. While getting gas, Dave noticed that one of my tires had a big split in the side. Great. So...we go home, pick up Dave's car and drive directly over to Big O. We ended up needing 2 new tires. (We just bought the other two in April.)

Then, off to the gas station...AGAIN, to fill Dave's car up this time. And finally, we're off to Florence. Dave and Clinton did the He Man heavy lifting. (Clinton carried the washing machine into the storage ALL ALONE! (Super Buff!) Dave managed to hit his head on the low ceiling about 10 times. Clinton said we may need to buy him crayons and a coloring book for Christmas! lol I worked inside, trying to get things all dusted and organized, as no one has lived in the house for about two years.

We drove back home with just enough time for everyone to get a QUICK shower, before heading off to Red Robin, (YUM!), to have dinner with one of my favorite blogging friends, AZ Mom, and her beautiful family! We had been trying to meet for several months, but this is the first time we've been able to get together. We had a great time, and our two little boys totally hit it off! We have plans to meet again soon!

Me and AZ Mom!
Before we even left the parking lot at Tempe Marketplace, I got so sick and had to make a mad dash for Paradise Bakery and their lovely restroom facilities. Sorry...is that TMI?? Upon arriving home, Dave and The Bear had a great view of a nearby firework display, right from our front yard! Good times!
Now, I sit here at my computer in my MESSY house. I'm cooking for Dave's family again tomorrow night, and I really should get things cleaned up. But, I think I'll just go to bed and get up early tomorrow.

8 comments:

Sharr said...

ha ha!! i love clinton!!! he's such a crackup! :o) hope dave's recovered! lol... my mom is so excited about a waffle dinner! lol... good choice :o)

just stash the mess in the cupboards lol... nobody cares-- see you in a few!

Dave said...

Me not dain bramaged! Me color goodlyish.

Ummmm. Waffles make my tongue bumps happy.

AZMom said...

We had a great time too! Did the heat get to you???? Sorry you got sick. I guess we were standing outside afterwards too long.

Hope you are better and I am sure things will go great today!

AZMom said...

And by the way, what was that website again that you made your family collage picture on?

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Hi Drama Mama. Sounds like a very busy day, and then to top it all off, you got sick.... I hope when you read this, that you are feeling better. Going to bed was probably the best thing you could have done. Messy house? So what...the mess can wait.

I hope you keep chamomile tea on hand. It is a cure-all for any tummy troubles.

Nikki said...

I love hearing things with dave in it. He is a hoot. I am glad you finally made it there, and then was able to enjoy yourself with the company of friends.

Amy said...

Looks like a busy day! Your dance party looks so fun. I love dance parties! My roommies and I used to have dance parties in apartment all the time at BYU. Mostly we'd just crank up the music and dance around - nothing formal or impressive. I'm glad the reunion went well.

nanatrish said...

I'm glad you guys got to hang out. I wish you weren't all the way across the country and we could go some place fun to eat. I would be so excited that I would have to make a dash for the facilities also, TMI? oh well, just stating the facts.