Sunday, June 01, 2008

Gotta Cook

We have Sunday dinner with Dave's family every week. We rotate around, so I only end up cooking every 4 weeks. That's a happy thing.

Tonight is my night to host the dinner. I plan on making spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and fruit. I have nothing to give them for dessert. Nada. I should make cupcakes or something, but I still don't feel very good, so I probably won't.

Well...at least my house is "fairly" clean. Dave vacuumed the whole thing last night, (thanks honey!) and everything else looks decent. What I really want to do is take a nap, but I guess I'd better start getting ready for church. {heavy sigh}

Oh yeah...and I canned 7 more jars of beans this morning because I felt so bad about slacking on my "Preparedness Progress" for the last couple of weeks. I've got to get my rear in gear.

4 comments:

Di said...

Hey after all that food, they shouldn't need dessert. I really like that idea. I would like to find something to do like that for during the week. Sunday is the only day I actually LIKE to cook!

AZMom said...

sounds delicious! That is what we are having Monday night for dinner!

Nikki said...

That is nice of you to cook for his family. Sounds yummy. It is ok you did not do dessert. Just promise if I ever come over for din din you will make dessert that is my FAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV !!!

Jaime said...

Fruit is dessert enough. :) Sounds yummy.