DISCLAIMER: Lots of whining ahead. You may not want to read it!
I know you all know how it feels to be broke. Really, truly, heartbreakingly broke. Welcome to our world. We are so broke that it is embarrassing, yet, here I am, sharing it with you, my blogging friends. What I really want to do is cry, but I won't. Instead, I'll share some of the problems our brokeness is inflicting on us this week.
1. Food...we have no bread, no eggs and very little milk. We have been eating what I call "poor man's food" which, luckily, tastes pretty good. Let's be fancy and call it "Rustic". Last night we had beans, (the ones I canned, thank you very much!) and tortillas, a la tostadas. Tonight, we had chicken noodle soup. I had a whole chicken in the freezer, so I cooked and de-boned it, used the broth for the soup base, added onions and broken up lasagna noodles. It was pretty good. All I can say is, THANK GOODNESS FOR FOOD STORAGE!
2. Food part II...I am running out of things to fix the boys for lunch. (Remember, I'm babysitting my neighbor's son along with my two.) Today, I made spaghetti and used a can of pizza sauce for the topping. I guess the can was old, because the boys said it tasted like metal. So I put the whole pan down the disposal. (I actually considered rinsing the sauce off and trying to salvage the noodles. Isn't that PATHETIC!)
3. Gas...Dave drove my van to work today because it has the most gas in it. 1/2 tank. Clinton's car was running on fumes, so I gave him my last $10 to fill it up. (fill it up...ha! That won't even get him 3 gallons!)
4. Clinton is supposed to have his senior pictures taken on Thursday. I am trying to reschedule them for later. Clinton HAS to have a haircut before the pics. Sharree would do it for us, but we can't afford the gas to get out to her house. And if I let him do it himself, he'll shave his head. ("I'll polish it up really nice so it'll SHINE!") Oooo...it makes me crazy!
5. The reunion is this weekend. I am supposed to pick up my nephew on Friday on our way up. The problem? He is three hours out of our way...more gas. Why should people have to choose between family and gas? It's not right!
6. Dave gets paid on Friday, but, AFTER we have to leave. So, Clinton will pick up Dave's check and deposit it for us. We will get gas as a "charge" instead of a "debit" and hope it doesn't come out of our account before the check makes it in.
7. Since I am in charge of the reunion, there are things I need to get. But...that just isn't going to happen. I've made a list of the most important things, and my mom will pick them up before she goes. Some of the other things I planned for we will just have to do without. As The Bear always says..."You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" (And seriously, if anyone does throw a fit, you may see me on the 10:00 news! lol)
There are a few other things that have happened this week that are money related, but they are too humiliating to own up to. [sigh] I am feeling very depressed and anxious. There is so much that needs to be done, but I am just shutting down and not completing any of it.
I am not writing this for any sympathy. (Please don't bring us food or call anyone to tell them we're struggling. We'll be fine...next week! lol) Life's tough all over...for everyone. I'm just finding it hard to put on a happy face today. I should buck up and bake some bread, but I think I'll just drug up and go to bed. (Tylenol PM folks, but I'd be happy to take a Valium off you hands if you've got one! )
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, "What to do when a house guest brings along their dog...Without asking you beforehand?"