Monday, May 05, 2008

Dave's Bday Dinner

Although Dave's birthday isn't until tomorrow, we had a family dinner for him last night. We had approximately 20 people over. He picked tater tot casserole for the main dish and pie for dessert. (Banana Cream, of course!) In his family, they always had pie for birthdays and the birthday kid got a pie all to themselves.
So, here he is, enjoying his very own pie. (Sugar Free/Fat Free but still yummy!) Doesn't his shirt look nice? I got it at Goodwill on Saturday. (It was brand stinkin' new with the Marshall Fields tags still on it, $40!) It was 1/2 off day at Goodwill, so I only paid $4! Got the tie there too...$1!
While the adults were finishing their dinner, the kids were upstairs being rowdy, as usual. In the middle of dessert, down flies a hacky sack from the top of the stairs, landing smack in the middle of the cream pie.

Splattering two of the cousins all over with Cool Whip

Here's The Bear, enjoying his pie!

6 comments:

Di said...

8 ball in the pie. CLASSIC!

Happy Birthday Dave!

Jaime said...

Happy Bday to Dave! That pie looks so good.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Dave.......It sounds like a lot of fun....Next time do not forget to invite your jealous cousin's for pie QC is not that far haha

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Happy Birthday....!

But...there must be some mistake... I mean....I just checked my mail box....the invitation didn't arrive for some strange reason...did someone say banana cream pie....okay....I know you'll save me a piece...please?!!?

Hope y'all enjoyed it....the smiles from ear to ear tell the tale...

By the way Drama Mama you are giving me some serious competition for Goodwill "Find" Queen....did I ever tell you about the time I picked up a "Windsmoor" jacket...they normally retail over a hundred dollars....I got mine for $7....I was so happy.....

Chicka said...

Happy Birthday, Cheez!!

AZMom said...

The pie looked good before the hackey sack incident LOL

Sounds like he had a great time!