Friday, April 18, 2008

Pre-Party Jitters

I am nervous about the party/BBQ tomorrow. I am still feeling so crappy. How am I going to get through it? I bought 10 roasts today and have just put them into 2 electric roasters to slow cook. I hope that 10 will be enough. We had a LOT of people sign up for potluck sides and desserts, so we should be OK. You just never know about these things.

I think it's going to be very hard to put on a "happy party face". I managed to do it for the Christmas Party, but that was a different kind of sick. That was "girlie issues" sick. (Right before my surgery.) This is sinus/bronchitis sick. It's hard to smile through that.

My good friend "K" made my reminder calls for me, picked up the rolls and gave me some funky Chinese herb pills to take. (The packaging is all in Chinese. We were going to have the delivery guy who brought our dinner read the box, but, he wasn't Chinese.) I'm so happy she moved in across the street, she has saved the day today!

I hope we get a good turnout and have enough food. I hope everyone will have a fun time. I hope I can make it through tomorrow. [hack, cough...cough, hack]

8 comments:

Jaime said...

I hope you feel better soon and that the party goes well!

Di said...

10 roasts! geez, that is a lot of meat. Room for one more?

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Whatever is going around is kicking everyone's butts!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Hi there! Its my first visit to your blog, and I think its really really cute. I love your background and your colour scheme. And your banner, full of family photos, very nicely done indeed. So, I read your post and oh my, that is a LOT of cooking to be done! I hope it all goes well....I'm sure it will be enough food, it sure sounds like enough food.

I like your blog and I'll be back to visit again.

P.S. I am a fellow sinus sufferer. I have no idea what you've tried or what does/doesn't work for you, but I was having about one sinus headache a week, and they vary in intensity and debilitation factor. A couple of months ago I tried something called "nasal irrigation" and there are many different ways and products out there to do this... I have to say that it has really helped me. I wonder if its something you may want to investigate, if so, do a google search on it and see what comes up, it may be helpful to you as it has been to me.

Best regards,
Lavinia Ladyslipper

AZMom said...

I am sure it went really well! I hope you get to feeling better really soon! I had that bronchitis crud in February and the cough is the worst!

Sharr said...

so how did it turn out?? did the chinese drugs help?? are you on opium?? lol...

Nikki said...

So how did it come out? I know we get so nervous before these things. I bet it was fantastic

Becky said...

Hope you're feeling better and that Saturday turned out well...

I'm still laughing at Sharree's opium question! :) too funny...

Amy D. said...

I soooo wanted to be back from Tucson to attend the BBQ. We didn't get back till after six and had to collect the kids, etc. I heard it was great. Way to go, especially being sick. I didn't see you Sunday, and I suspect that's why. Hope your feeling better.