Monday, April 14, 2008

Oh Crap!

Friday, I picked up my aunt and uncle at the airport and drove them out to my grandma's house in Florence. On our way, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some necessities. We returned to the car and were unloading the groceries into the van when we heard this shattering sound. I thought someone had dropped a bottle, but it turns out, it was my side door window. It completely shattered. It was weird. So, we made it to Florence where I liberally duct taped it.

Turns out, we don't have glass coverage on the van, but we do on Dave's car. Great. So, it's going to be $450 to replace it. Alas, I am still driving it duct taped! We think someone may have been trying to break into the car when they got spooked and ran off. We can't figure out another reason why it would shatter like it did. Anyway, here's some pics. It's hard to see, but there you go.



And here's a couple of pictures of a beautiful blooming cactus out by my grandma's!



6 comments:

SalGal said...

Yeah, my kids used to like to throw rocks as if they were skipping them across dirt. Until one of them hit my minivan passenger window.

Jaime said...

That cactus is gorgeous.

Crap is right! $450, yikes!

Di said...

That TOTALLY stinks. I would drive around like that forever if I had to pay that. I am so cheap! Tell them you want to add it on and THEN tell them it happened! hee hee

Jami said...

Oh that really sucks! I am so sorry. But on a happier note, that cactus is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

AZMom said...

The cacti are gorgeous!!

Yikes on the broken glass! I'm glad they got spooked though! I am sorry it happened to you. I would have FREAKED out!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

I didnt know that cactus could flower like that. It's remarkably similar to a rose...very pretty.