Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Family Night At School

Did you know that this is National TV Turn Off Week? Yeah...it is. (Can you hear the Suns Game on in back of me?) Anyway, at The Bear's school tonight, they had a Family Fun Night and he and I went. They had lots of activities going on, but The Bear's favorite was "line dancing". His teacher, Mrs. Hurst, was in charge and he had a ball! We did the Electric Slide and a cute line dance to YMCA. We were supposed to rotate to the different rooms, but he always wanted to go back to the dancing. He was great! The highlight was at the end when "Shake Your Groove Thing" was playing and he was out there doing the "John Travolta" and shaking his bum! Dang...I wish I had a video camera!



Some of the other rooms we went to were making mosaic pictures, the model airplane guys, spooky stories and indoor s'mores, and the Snack Shack.

8 comments:

Dave said...

Well... the Suns lost... but if its any consolation, I had to listen to "Sunshine Day" by the Brady Bunch while reading this post.

Its funny when the Bear shakes his booty isnt it?

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Oh this brings back lots of memories.....it means so much to the kids to have mom and dad go through their school and see what they get up to during the day; and meet their teachers, librarians, etc. These pics are adorable.

Regards,
Lavinia

Nikki said...

How fun is that....What are you talking about. You are always doing fun things...I am jealous.

Brittney Smith said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! I love that Bear loved the dancing portion.

Josh and Cori said...

that looks like so much fun. Turn your TV off week may be kind of hard. I need Sesame Street so I can get ready, and my boys can leave me alone for a little while. Cute dancing pics, even though you didn't have your video camera.

Josh and Cori said...

hey-I just saw that Cameron and Bethany comerford were on your friends list. Cameron and I went to High School together! We hung out with the same group of friends that he did-crazy!

SalGal said...

I wish my kids' school did something like that. You'd think it would be easy to make happen, hubby being a teacher there and all, but no.

Party poopers!

Jaime said...

How fun! Cute pictures.

Turning off the TV for a week would probably be great...just not during the playoffs...and AI...ha ha.