Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bon Jovi...Then and Now

Then.....
1987
Our first Bon Jovi concert! Don't laugh, ok, laugh it up!
Me and my best friend Ronda (the blond) and a girl who tagged along with us that we really didn't like so much. Thanks dad for driving three crazy girls all the way to Arizona for a concert!
Now...


My 6th, Dave's 3rd Bon Jovi concert. We had the "best" worst seats we've ever had! Right at the rear of the stage. We were up about 15 feet from the stage and back 1 row! We had a GREAT view! Probably the closest I've been to the stage! I had forgotten to take the opera glasses Dave had bought me, but I totally didn't need them. We were REALLY close!

My camera is crap...but here's some pics anyway! Sorry...lots of butt shots...we WERE at the rear of the stage, after all! Oh yeah...we had a great view of the hoochie mamas in the front row too. You wouldn't believe all the 40+ year old women all decked out in their hoochie concert gear. Kind of sad, actually.





We really loved Daughtry! Chris Daughtry came out during Blaze Of Glory and sang with Jon.


Here's a great shot of our view!



Thanks honey for such a great date night!


7 comments:

SalGal said...

Drool....

Sharr said...

wow! those were GREAT seats! and you didn't tell me that Daughtry opened! how great was that???

Dave said...

You're welcome honey :)

Thanks for a fun date

AZMom said...

OH MY GOSH I AM SOOOO FREAKIN JEALOUS!!! I would have sold my left arm for tix to this show! Bon Jovi and Daughtry are 2 of my absolute FAVS!!!

I am so glad you had fun! What a great night!

Nikki said...

So Jealous., I had another friend go that she is said it was GREAT. No far

EC said...

Okay, really I did have to laugh because I think I probably had the same clothes, same hair, same necklace and same gloves in 87!! LOL - that really brought me back ;)

Glad you had such a great time, those were pretty good seats!!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

This post is a riot! Love the mall hair! Oh the 80s....we all committed the same mile-high hair crimes...I've heard bon jovi himself say that he is responsible for the hole in the ozone layer due to all the hairspray he used back then. Funny to look back and see what was considered so fashionable....

You are right about the "hoochi" mamas in the front row. Are they really in their 40s....wow, that is kind of sad...up here they are called "cougars" (older women who dress to the nines and hit the clubs on the prowl for younger men).

Showing a *wee* bit too much cleavage....

John Bon Jovi just doesn't seem to age, he looks better and better each year....I still have to listen to Wanted Dead or Alive every once in a while.

Regards,
Lavinia Ladyslipper