Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Big Blessing

So, several months ago, Clinton's girlfriend decided that she didn't want to go to prom this year and thought they should wait until next year. This was fine with Clinton, as he isn't a huge fan of dancing. Well, last week, she came over to tell me she had changed her mind and she really did want to go. This wasn't a huge surprise to me, but it was to Clinton. We had just a week to get things together.

As we are trying to save money for Clinton's trip to Europe, we weren't thrilled with the idea of having to rent a tux. Even he thought it was a waste. We decided to just have him wear black pants, a black dress shirt and black tie. It would be very dressy and look fine.

This morning, I was out and about looking for flowers to make the corsage, etc. (I couldn't find anything I liked.) On my way home I had this strong prompting to go to Goodwill. I have been there a couple of times...it's fun to dig around there. I thought I might be able to find some black dress pants for him, and I did. As I was walking away with them, I felt the nudge to look on a different rack in the sizes that were way too big. There, on the end of the rack were a pair of black tuxedo pants, just his size, in PERFECT condition. WOO HOO! I was so excited! We still have his tuxedo shirt, bow tie and cummerbund from band last year, it would work out great!

As I walked by the suit coats, I decided to see what they had. Sitting there was the MATCHING TUXEDO COAT! I think it will be the perfect size! And if it's not, my new step mother-in-law has offered to do the alterations! A second blessing!

Tuxedo Pants.....$6.00
Tuxedo Coat.......$25.oo
A Happy Mom....Priceless!
I'm so glad I listened and went to Goodwill! I am totally stoked! There isn't a snag, flaw or spot on it!

11 comments:

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

What an amazing find. That is fate just smiling upon you in a big way. Wonderful. One never knows what one will come across in Goodwill. I used to buy so many of my daughter's childhood books there, as well as clothes. And then I'd find odds and ends that I picked up....I never knew what I'd walk out with when I went there.

Unfortunately, the Goodwill that was most convenient location for me was closed down, and the land sold to make way for Condominiums.

I really miss it.

The closest one to me now, again, unfortunately...suffered a fire. Who knows when it will re-open....

You are lucky and your son is fortunate that he has a mother with an eagle-eye.

I hope they both have a great time at the prom.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
david mcmahon said...

It was meant to happen!

AZMom said...

VERY COOL! We shop every now and again at GW too. I am always amazed at what I find there!

Di said...

That is super! Wow. Make sure you put pics up of him!

Josh and Cori said...

how cool is that? Goodwill is so hit-and-miss, but good thing you chose to listen to your prompting that day. That's awesome! I hope Clinton has fun at prom.

Jaime said...

What a blessing! That is incredible.

Chicka said...

WHOOT! WTG Mom!

Dave said...

For everyone:

My mom was the queen of thrift store shopping. We grew on clothes and toys from Deseret Industries. DramaMama told me that she thought it had to be my mom that gave her the nudge. :)

One funny mom story:

One day my sister and her husband went on a dejunking run through their house and unloaded a bunch of toys on Desrert Industries. A few days later, mom went there and found some wonderful toys for her grandchildren. THe bad thing was, they were for the most part, the same toys they just got rid of. :)

SalGal said...

Love, love, LOVE the blog skin tweak!! LOVE IT!!!

American Genius said...

I wish we had a goodwill. I went to one in Green Bay last year when it unexpectly got frigid. Good Will Rocks.