Sunday, February 24, 2008

Antsy

I felt like a two year old at church today. I just could not focus. I don't think I heard, or at least got much out of the whole day. I couldn't sit still and ended up walking around the halls for awhile.

I don't know what the deal is. My brain just hasn't been working for the last few months. I'm sure the surgery and feeling like crap has something to do with it, but I'm anxious to get back to my normal self.

How can I expect my kids to pay attention in church when I can't?

2 comments:

AZMom said...

How long were you under? I was told 1 month of feeling out of it for every hour I was under anthesia. So for me, I was out for 3 1/2 hours so it took, literally, until almost Christmas before I started feeling normal again.

I still have days (weeks) where I just get the blahs and feel sad though. Don't be hard on yourself. It takes time...

big hugs!
M

SalGal said...

I like the new look, although it's hard to figure out where to click to comment!

It must be frustrating to feel the way you do. That's how I feel when my meds aren't working. I just want life to be "normal"!!!

Look at it as a growing time. Take more time to read your scriptures, Ensign, whatever. Use the extra down time for longer and more personal prayers. I sometimes wonder what I'll be doing when D is in 1st grade and I no longer have children at home, and I think that doing those two things fit the bill! For me, anyway.

(((Hugs))) Feel better soon!