Saturday, December 15, 2007

So Glad That One's Over

Last night was our party at church. I have been stressing about it for quite awhile, but it went off without a hitch! I would have to say it was a banging success! We even had to set up an extra table. That NEVER happens. Usually we have lots of empty seats.

Our dinner consisted of Chicken Alfredo Pasta, salad and breadsticks. Following dinner, the band played their songs. One of the girls from church put together a little band to play some Christmas songs for people to dance to. Dave played bass, (he hadn't touched a bass for over 25 years, but he sounded awesome!), Clinton played drums, (I had to pay him $20!), Clinton's Sunday School teacher played guitar, a girl from the Primary Presidency played piano and Katie sang. They did a GREAT job and everyone loved it!

While the band played, we put out all the goodies to dip in the chocolate fountains, which people LOVED. (Seriously, who wouldn't love dipping cream puffs and rice krispy treats in warm chocolate!) We also had a backdrop set up for people to have pictures taken with their spouses. It was really neat. Some of the couples hadn't had a picture taken together since they were married, and for some people, that was 30 - 40 years!

After the band, we just put on music for dancing, mingling, ect. Everyone said it was a great party. I hope they all had fun. It was a lot of work to put together, but my committee really came through in the end and helped out a ton!

My family party is today. Everyone is over at the park right now, but I'm not going for a couple of hours. With all the girlie problems I've been having lately, last night really did me in. I am going to rest for awhile this morning before I try to "party" again. Dave's work party is also tonight at Santa's theme park. I hope I won't have to miss it, but I'm not sure if I can do it right now.

1 comment:

Di said...

WOW, you have a lot going on for someone who is completely healthy! Take it easy!

Did you and hubby take a pic? Are you going to post it?