Monday, December 17, 2007

A Grinchy Post In Angel's Clothing




When Dave was growing up, his family had a tradition of reading certain Christmas stories every Christmas Eve. Since his mom passed away 5 years ago, the stories still get read, but to a room full of teary eyed people. The biggest cry inducing story is "The Littlest Angel". I used to think this story was ok, but the more I think about it, the more I take issue with it.


The premise is that "The Littlest Angel" is in heaven and is very sad. The grown up angels are mean and impatient with him. He is sad and lonely. This is where I have a problem. I, in no way, think that angels in heaven are unhappy. I don't think that big angels are mean to little angels. I think heaven is a beautiful and peaceful place. I don't want my little one growing up, thinking that there are mean people in heaven or that people there are unhappy. I don't think that's a good thing. Is anyone out there with me?
Maybe I'm completely off base. I am taking some medication that is making it very hard for me to be around people. For the last few weeks, I have been on the verge of tears, (the ugly, bawling kind). Dang hormones! Then, yesterday, I started to feel really pissy and angry. Today, it's mostly "witchy" and angry. I am SO not in the Christmas spirit, and that just isn't like me. Yesterday was our church's Christmas program. It was all I could do to sit through it. I felt like I was either going to bawl like a crazy woman or stand up and scream, also like a crazy woman. (Clinton said he pay me $5 if I screamed.) I had to totally "check out" the whole time, just to get through it. (I went through the receipts from the party I had to turn into get reimbursed.)

I think it may be best all if I just hide out for the rest of the season. I would hate to ruin it for everyone just because I'm pissy.
And if anyone tells me to "put on my big girl panties and deal with it", I think I will SERIOUSLY, lose it! (Maybe I'll be back to weepy soon...I think it was the lesser of two evils.)
(what's the crappin deal with blogger not letting me format the page the way I want it. ARGH)

2 comments:

Billingsley's said...

Hey at least you have an excuse Hormones..What is mine??? I hear you...I got to admit that would be funny to see you stand up in the middle of the church and scream.....I am visualizing it......We all still love you anyways, Hang in there it will all be over soon. Just think now next year you have a reason to go extreme on the Christmas spirit. To make up for this year.

Jami said...

Love you, Erica. Sending you some ((((hugs))))!