Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Enough Already!

Well...Christmas is over. Everyone is alive, if not perfectly well.

On Christmas Eve afternoon, I noticed a little lump in my neck, just under my chin. It was about the size of a pea and was a little sore. I didn't think much of it. We went to the temple to see the lights, (beautiful, by the way) and by the time I got home, the lump had swollen to the size of a ping pong ball. We got the kids to bed and did our "Santa" duties and headed for bed. I didn't sleep AT ALL. I was so worried about Christmas and my neck was totally uncomfortable.

We all woke up at about 6 Christmas morning. My dad had snuck down and stayed in a hotel Christmas Eve so he could surprise the boys Christmas morning. We stashed him in the garage at 6:30, then let the boys downstairs. As they were opening their stockings, dad began to bang on the drums in the garage and everyone headed out to see what the racket was. The boys were so surprised! My dad bought Clinton a set of tenor marching drums that we had set up the night before. He was thrilled! He also bought "all the boys, Dave included" a Wii. (He bid for a week on Ebay and finally won one, but he paid WAY too much!) It was a total hit! The boys spent the rest of the day "bowling" and "playing baseball" on the Wii!

By this time, my neck had swollen to the size of a small lemon or large plum. It didn't hurt a ton, but it was pretty uncomfortable. I was advised to head over to the ER, but I just didn't want to do it on Christmas, so I didn't go. We had a very nice relaxing rest of the day.

This morning, my neck was still huge, and it hurt like heck, so I went to the ER. Shortest visit in history. Within an hour, I was out with a prescription for an anti inflammatory and a pain killer. They think it's some viral thing, since I'm already on a very strong round of anti-biotics. (My second round in 2 weeks.) They told me to come back in 10 days if it hasn't gone away. Thanks.

Well, this afternoon, Dave, Kayden and James were out riding bikes when Kayden fell off his. He had sprained his right wrist on Sunday night, wrestling with his cousin at the family party, and he fell off and hit the same wrist. He came right in and immediately fell asleep on my bed. When he woke up, his arm was swollen and he was in quite a bit of pain. We headed over to Urgent Care this evening and yep, it's broken. (You guessed it, it's his right arm.) They put his arm in a sling and told us to call an Orthopedic guy tomorrow to get a cast.

My surgery is 10 days away. My house is a disaster area. I took down 1/2 of one Christmas tree today, but the rest of Christmas still needs to come down. I have been "on my girlie days" for over a month now, even though I'm taking a KILLER strong birth control pill that was supposed to make it stop.

Please, someone, lend me a BIG umbrella! It's pouring and I am barely keeping my head above the water!

5 comments:

AZMom said...

My goodness girl! Life needs to give you a break! I am so sorry to hear you ended up in the ER and about your son's arm! My gosh!

Get well soon. I've been sick myself still and am going to the doc today if they are open. They were closed yesterday. Go figure.

I'll email you about lunch. I don't have much of a voice today.

Big hugs!!!

Strude said...

Love ya and praying for ya.

Jami said...

(((HUGS))) and what Strude said!

Becky Porter said...

Prayers headed your way!

Bree said...

I am so sorry! (((hugs)))