Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Day After

Today, we are recovering from Dave's dad's wedding yesterday. Everything was very nice, but it felt a little strange. After the wedding, we all went to Dave's sister's house to go through Dave's mom's things that had been removed from the house to make room for the new wife's things. She passed away five years ago, but feelings were still very close to the surface, especially while everyone was selecting items to be theirs.

I bought a new outfit to wear to the wedding, and, at the time, I felt like I looked pretty good. Then, I saw the pictures. I look HORRIBLE! My top was about 4 inches too long and made me look not only like a cow, but a pregnant cow. I had planned on wearing it to a party next weekend, but now I don't think I will, unless I can manage to trim off some of the fabric from the bottom. Here's a pic. Dave and The Bear look great! Clinton was in California on a band trip. I look like a gold plated killer whale. blah.

5 comments:

Billingsley's said...

You should not be so hard on yourself. You are doing great at losing your weight that you want to loose. If you stop being so hard and thinking about it. It will come off. You are a beautiful person inside and out! Love ya girl!

Dave said...

Cameras are cruel.

I think I look horrible. My hair looks messy, I'm slouching, my eyes are slits and my face is red.

At least there's no punch stains on my shirt... yet.

I, on the other hand, think you look beautiful. I win.

I love you!

Di said...

Why do we judge ourselves so harshly. You look great! All of you!

Becky Porter said...

I actually cried when I read Dave's comment...you keep listening to him Erica! You look beautiful!

Hope you are feeling better soon...

Kendyl said...

I LOVE YOUR DRESS... IT IS SOOO B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!