Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ok....don't scream....

I'm putting Christmas up today. Yes...blah, blah, blah...not Thanksgiving yet...yadda yadda.

If I don't do it this week, it may never get done. We're going out of town for Thanksgiving, then, all the parties and weddings start. So...this week is it.

Dave and Clinton were NOT thrilled when I asked them to bring in the boxes from the garage last night. During the process, I hear this tumbling of boxes, a grunt, then..

"I HATE CHRISTMAS!"

Yes, it was Dave. Clinton just stood there, holding a box, and laughing. Ahhhh....ho, ho, ho!

UPDATE: Arrgghhh! I was on a total roll! And now...the tree stand is missing! It is NOT in the tree box where it belongs. I have looked in the garage, but if you could see our garage, you'd understand why it's impossible to find anything in there.

I put up some garland outside and it's STINKIN HOT! Ok...84 degrees beats the 94 it was last week, but still, I WANT SOME FALL WEATHER!! humph!

10 comments:

Billingsley's said...

Hey girl, I completely understand..Look at my blog the tree went up on Monday. I tried calling you...Call me later..I am loosing my voice so you will have to bare with me

Bree said...

I've been listening to Christmas music on the sly. Ha ha.

As for your Christmas decor, better now than never.

flaredblond said...

I love the music you put on your blog ! If I had my way .... It would be Christmas everyday !
I will begin decorating next week . We will see how long everything stands with the boys and kitten LOL .

Dad said...

i'LL GIVE YOU A DOLLAR TO STOP THE MUSIC

Jillian said...

LOL @ Dave's comment!!

My sister would love it at your house, if it weren't in the middle of the desert. As for me, ugh! No way would I do the decorating thing this early. More power to you!

Maybe Dave could stand there and hold the tree for you this season. :D

Di said...

Okay, didn't even notice the music because I always mute. I say, go ahead with the decorations. Tell Clinton Santa won't bring him anything! I think we buy a new freakin tree stand every year. Where do they go? With the missing socks I guess.

Dave said...

Clarification:

I hate all the stupid crap associated with Christmas that has nothing to do with what Christmas truly is.

SalGal said...

A "neighbor" up the street had their Christmas decor up outside THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN!!!

I'm sorry! I have issues with that!

Christmas music on the sly, no biggie. Getting a little head start on the baking, okay.

But decoration has to wait until next week!

Becky Porter said...

good for you, Erica! :)

AZMom said...

LOL I SHOULD put up our holiday stuff this weekend since we are having company this coming week for T-Day. Ah well...there is always the week AFTER. We NEED a new tree...ours is shot and we weren't chosen to go and cut one down! Bummer!

Hey, got my Caravan! It's red and it is going to be hard to give up. My kids LOVE it! I have photos and such on my blog!

How do you add music to your blog?