Monday, June 11, 2007

Dark Days

I have been a terrible blogger lately. I would blame it on the boys being out of school on summer vaca, except, both boys are actually doing summer school for the next few weeks.

I have really not been myself lately. I think my hormones are haywire. I am feeling crazy and out of control. I have talked to my Dr about it, but I think they don't take me very seriously. I am finding it harder and harder to not just scream and shout all the time. I am really trying to hold it in, even though my family thinks I'm not. I think I may just need a few days away to regroup. Something...anything!

It is going to be hotter than heck here this week, our AC is going to be working overtime. 108 by Thursday. I know, that's totally normal for here, I should be used to it. But, every year, it sounds just as shocking! I wish we had a pool!

Tonight, our Family Home Evening lesson was about how God won't ask us to do something that is too hard, and that we just need to rely on him to help us out.

"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." 1 Nephi 3:7

I need to remember this and ask Him for help. I have been having "low faith" moments. I need to snap out of it.

I have been walking with my aunt and a friend for 3 weeks now. Monday-Friday we hit the mall and walk a couple of miles. It has been a good thing, both the walking and the theraputic venting that takes place in the process. I hope I can keep it up and not flake out! I'm not really getting any thinner, but I feel better about myself because I know I'm at least making an effort. Go me.

Oh yeah.....I'm writing this on my fast, new computer! YAY!!!!!!!

On another note, please go and visit my good friend Beth's blog over here. Her mom passed away last week and the memorial service is tomorrow. Stop by and leave her some love and support!

4 comments:

flaredblond said...

I know how you feel . It seems all i do is yell at poor Rob and Lucas . Jeremy is the good one , don't have to get on to him yet !:)
I hate it when i get like that .
You need a day at the spa ! Or Shopping !!! Or better yet .... an " almost chocolate pie sandwich " :)

SalGal said...

It sounds like you need to use more words to tell your Dr. what you've been going through. Not until I was brutally honest about my feelings did I get any help from anybody.

That's great you're walking! Wish I could do the same, but my legs aren't up for it. :-(

Keep your chin up!

depjbrothers said...

Keep up the good work with the walking...somehow, I never seem to do it more than 2 or 3 weeks...you go girl!

It's funny, I just left Ronda's blog and then read yours...I'm sooo glad to have gotten back in touch with you guys b/c it seems like we are all going through very similar things in life...it's nice to be able to share! Thanks and congrats on the new, fast computer....

peebugg said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!