Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Whoaaaaaa...We're Halfway There....

Flashback time people!

Did you just love American Idol this week? I think it was the best week yet, and not just because of Jon Bon Jovi!

Back in the day, I was one of those big haired, Bon Jovi loving, teenage girls in the 80's. When I was 16, my dad, poor soul, agreed to drive me, my best friend, and another truly horrible girl, all the way too Phoenix to see Bon Jovi in concert. The Slippery When Wet tour. Ohh...and it was so fabulous. That was the first of many times I paid too much money to see them. Dave has even taken me twice. (We missed last years concert...too broke!)

My walls and ceiling in my room were PLASTERED with posters of Jon and the boys, including a hunky life size of Jon. (I swear, he, meaning the poster, sang to me one night, although I won't go into my mental state at the time!) My mom was very patient and said that he did have very nice teeth. (He really does, I checked them out tonight on Idol!) Weren't the 80's the best!?! There will never be another time like it. We were so naive and stupid! Kids these days have so much more to worry about. Sad.

Someday, I'll post the pic of me in my white leather fringe jacket and matching fringed boots. Man...was I so cool or what! (yeah right...hee hee!) I miss those days. Good times...good times!

8 comments:

depjbrothers said...

I think I remember that white leather fringe outfit of yours!!! It's funny, Idol definitely had me thinking back, too...I even dug out an old yearbook...Those were great times...and big hair definitely ruled!

EC said...

I am so with you - I loved the 80's! It's funny how American Idol can bring us all back - I've been on an 80's kick talking about the music and the tv shows, lol.

I was huge into Bon Jovi too, as well as the "rock" bands of the late 80's - those were some good times!

SalGal said...

I wasn't into Jon until he cut his hair. ROWR!!!!

He's on my list of future husbands when polyandry comes back. :-D

flaredblond said...

That concert rocked ! Everytime we drive to Globe , i think of that fun time . I wonder what " the mean girl did with my money she stole ? Remember what we wore ? We were crazy !Those were the good old days , when we were " Wild In The Streets "LOL

peebugg said...

Oh I remember......The shades, your new red car.......

Stacie said...

LOL, you sound just like me!! I ADORED him!!!! and I also had a white leather fringe jacket with matching boots! I would have died for those items of clothing I tell ya!

take care,
Stacie

Dave said...

And... DramaMama is actually IN one of Bon Jovi's videos. Lay Your Hands on Me.

lori said...

I thought of you when I heard that idol was bon jovi week. You were the bomb at the dance and lipsync to bon jovi. Remember the reunion, you rock.