Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Band Boosters

I have been totally rooked into being the Secretary for Band Boosters at the High School. Actually, I was totally beaten down. I said "no" over and over, but finally agreed. It's not that I don't want to be a part of what's going on at school. I just didn't want to be one of the "In Charge" people. But, alas, I am, so I'm just going to have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

I had NO idea how involved band is on the high school level. It's a HUGE deal! From then end of the summer until December, Marching Band totally rules our lives. Clinton really wants to continue on with music into college, so we want him to have the opportunity to participate in everything he can. It's time consuming, it's expensive, but I think it's totally worth it in the long run.

Go Band!!

4 comments:

EC said...

I agree! I was in the color guard - the people who did the flags - and I totally loved it! I couldn't imagine spending my time in high school any other way.

peebugg said...

Yeah!!! Band!! and in a real town too....with a band director that hopefully isn't certifiablely crazy.

I'm glad he is in a cool band with lots of caring parents like you and Dave.

Dave said...

Thanks to my sister Chris for that lovely phrase "put on your big girl panties". It has gotten a lot of mileage in our family. :D

lori said...

There is a special place in heaven for mom's volunteering in any booster club for their kids sake. Try to stay sane. . . Love ya