Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

What is worse than having only one car???? Having no cars at all!

Yesterday, after picking up Clinton and his girlfriend from school, we were in ANOTHER accident. A kid totally pulled in front of me and then stopped when he saw me. If he had kept going, we probably wouldn't have hit him. Anyway, no one was hurt, yadda yadda, except for our only car. (If you're keeping score, you will remember that Clinton totaled our other one last week.)

I am stressed beyond belief. I think I could cry for a week. What are we going to do??

I am looking for the lesson/blessing in this, but I'm having a hard time. Yes, everyone is fine, and that is a big blessing. I know this and am grateful for it. But, we can't afford to buy even one new car, let alone two. (We don't know for sure that mine is totaled, but it could be.)

(Oh yeah...check out Dave's blog for a picture of the accident. I don't want to post one here.)

And, added to that, all I want to do is eat. I have lost 23 lbs since the first of January and have told myself that if I can get through this whole home renovation thing without gaining any back, that would be great. But I am a stress eater. I just want to munch and munch on crap.

If I was a cusser, I would be letting out a stream of carefully chosen swear words, but since I'm not, I'll just say...

CRAP!!

7 comments:

SalGal said...

I'll curse a blue streak for you, ok??? I don't get why you'd have to pay to replace the car that just had the accident. Wasn't it the kid's fault since he just up and stopped??

SalGal said...

Ok, I just read Dave's blog.

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!?!

The cop had the cojones to ticket YOU???

You totally have to contest it. Everyone knows kids are idiots when it comes to driving. Obviously the cop is an idiot, too, so now you have two things going for you.

Di said...

That stinks. Be strong! 23 pounds! YIKES! That is super. What have you been doing? I need to do SOMETHING!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this.

Ed

Bree said...

Oh DramaMama...I am SOOOO sorry! That is just crazy. I hope everything works out okay!

peebugg said...

I'll start off positive...

YEAH 23 LBS!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

I am glad no one was hurt, sucks about the car though. If I had an extra one I would send it your way. Can't believe you got the ticket though!!!

I'm a stress eater too and it gets worse...I always crave CARBS!!

Hang in there......

Reese said...

Hey girl, did you get my email? Do you recognize me? LOL... email me if you don't. I crave carbs too. I'm so sorry about the accidents :(.