Sunday, January 28, 2007

Weekend Update

Well...all I can say is that it's never boring at our house! In the wee hours of the morning, on the way to audition for band regionals, Clinton was in an accident, totalling both cars. "Was it his fault?" you may ask? Well, considering the other car was parked along the street, I'd have to say, "Yes." Everyone is ok, well, except the cars. Dave has posted a great blog along with pictures, so head over HERE to read up! I don't know how long we can last with one car. We need a miracle!

Other news...I have finally decided the colors that will soon be gracing our walls. Within the next three weeks, every room in our house will be painted, ( we will be painting all the bedrooms ourselves, a professional will tackle the 18 foot walls in the living/family/dining/kitchen areas. We will also be having the carpet replaced throughout the house. This is made possible through the kind and generous graces of my wonderful father in law! We are very lucky and blessed!

To facilitate this feat, (it is pretty much like moving, since every room and closet has to be cleared of anything that is sitting on the floor), a nice guy dropped of a POD in our driveway yesterday morning. (Yes...he dropped it off while Dave was over dealing with the accident details). The POD will allow us to empty our rooms one by one over the next week and store it all safely in our driveway until the carpeting is installed. Very Cool! As you can imagine, our home will be completely in upheaval for the next few weeks. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm very excited for the finished product! I will be taking before pictures of all the rooms today so we will have a good comparison when we're finished. Stay tuned!!

Until then, if anyone wins the lottery and would like to share a small portion...we could sure use some extra to get a car!

6 comments:

SalGal said...

Dayyum! Hope the points don't wipe out his newly-received license!

GREAT idea about the POD, btw. We'll be using them to move next time we move. Which will probably be never.

Glad everyone's ok! Plus, the other dude had speakers in his trunk. Clint did us all a favor.

peebugg said...

bummer about the car....I was almost expecting to see drug bags or a dead body in the back of the other car...

Now that would of been fun!!

good luck on painting...I still haven't finished my kitchen and I started it the first of December.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should just put the stuff in the Pod and never bring it back in the house. Would be a lot easier keeping it neat if you were not bothered by all that stuff that lays around.

Ed

Dave said...

Not to make too fine a point on it Ed, but I recall there being a smidge of stuff in your house as well! :)

Your thingy for your Suburban showed up today.

Anonymous said...

Yea I know Dave. I keeping harping at Dorothy and it gets me about as far as it will with Erica.

Ed

WendyWings said...

I just saw the pics of the car on Daves blog, OUCH that sucks.
Have fun with the painter as well :)
I am still alive school holidays are NEARLY over whoo hooo lol.
Auditions are up if you and about 300 others want to pop over ;)