Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow In The Desert

Cactus and Snow...Cool!

Snow on the Superstition Mountains

This hardly EVER happens! Yesterday, as we were leaving for church, the temp was 46 degrees. It rained all day, and then, last night, we got a call from a friend of mine. She said that she was exactly 3 miles north of our house and there was 2 inches of snow! NO WAY! I called Clinton and he and a group of the Australians drove right down and had a snowball fight. When he got home at 10, Cheez and I drove down the street to see it! We drove by a park and there were cars everywhere, and about 200 people in the park, playing in the snow! I tried to snap a picture, but my batteries were dead, of course. There was one guy with a snow shovel loading up the back of his truck...probably for his kids to see in the morning. It was 10pm after all!

Our temps have been unseasonably cold these last few days. It's usually in the mid to high 60's this time of year. I'm so happy that winter decided to pay us a visit!

7 comments:

Bree said...

I was just reading about snow as far as Tucson. I was hoping you guys got some! Yay!

SalGal said...

Those pictures are GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Next time it snows in Manoa I'll send you the pictures.

Ed

Katherine said...

That is freaky! I love that picture of the snow with a palm tree. Those two just don't go together.

Anonymous said...

Mama, I still keep reading about global warming. It's every where but here and there. (SLC & Mesa) Ruded.

peebugg said...

DID YOU bring any home and put it in the freezer?????

Di said...

I keep waiting for it to snow here (Anaheim, CA!) but no such luck yet. Those rich bastards in Malibu get EVERYTHING! hee hee

Lucky you!