Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yum-O

I just made the most delicious lunch for myself! And so fancy too! Would be a great "date" dinner...I'll have to try it out on Cheez! I call it a......

Salmon and Caper Pastie ( pass-tee) with Dijon Sauce

1 refrigerated pie crust
1 marinated salmon filet in a pouch (I had a coupon for the Bumble Bee Marinated Salmon )
3 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 red bell pepper thinly sliced
2 tsp capers (probably 2 tsp...I just dumped some out of the jar) Or maybe 1 tsp...
A squeeze of orange juice
small pats of butter
salt and pepper

Unroll pie crust and place on baking sheet. (I used my baking stone) Brush some of the marinating juice onto the crust. Flake salmon along the middle of the crust. Add peppers, capers and mushrooms. Squeeze a halfed orange over the top. Sprinkle on Salt and pepper. Top with 3 small pats of butter (one pat cut into 3 pieces.)
make 2" slices on each side of the pastry. Braid over the top of the salmon, sealing the ends.

Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes until top is golden.

Dijon Sauce

Combine 2 TBS Mayo, 2 TBS sour cream and 2 tsp dijon mustard. Squeeze in some lemon juice. I microwaved mine for 30 seconds to heat it up, then spooned a little over the pastry and plate.


This could have turned out either REALLY gross, or REALLY good. WOO HOO for me! REALLY GOOD!

5 comments:

peebugg said...

yeah for the chef......

I had a hot pocket...

WendyWings said...

Ok you are now on the blogroll miss winner NOW for some pathetic begging from me lol.
I am going to post a new post soon re begging for vote for an online contest I am in,just a heads up lol.

WendyWings said...

Yes Survivorgal is me, attractive picture isn't it LOL
Thanks for the vote, the week "ends" on Tuesday for you after that I will never beg again LOL
A vote a day keeps Wendy away ;)

Katherine said...

That does sound really good - and fancy schmancy! I love salmon. I should start having it for lunch since I never make it for dinner because my husband doesn't like it.

peebugg said...

I have another question....

Did you dream up this creation??? or does it just come in spurts?