Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weekend From H _ _ L!

Friday, The Bear had his appointment for Botox injections in his legs. Everything went fine, but 2 hours later, he developed a fever that spiked up to 103.1. I immediately called the Dr., who assured me that it was not caused by the Botox. I didn't believe her. I gave him some Motrin, which eventually brought the fever down. But as soon as it wore off, it shot up again. The weird thing was that he seemed to be fine except for the fever (and a developing cough). He wasn't feeling particularly bad at all. Fast forward to last night, where his fever went up again, this time to 103.7. I immediately rushed him to urgent care, where after 2 hours and a chest xray later, we found out he had pneumonia. Or possibly Valley Fever, which we hope it isn't. He's feeling better today, after having a little antibiotic going through his system.

Today, when Cheez got home from church, I sent him off to urgent care too. He has had a cough for 2 months now, and after hearing about the whole valley fever thing, I thought he should see someone. 4 1/2 hours, one chest xray and two breathing treatments later, he arrives home with a bag of drugs and a diagnosis of, you guessed it, pneumonia, (among other things which I will let him share, if he wants to.) Is it just us, or does your family always get sick around Christmas??

This week is going to be crazy too:

Tuesday Day: The Bears has an appt. with the Orthopedic Dr.....in Phoenix, again.
Tuesday Night: Church Scrapbook Night at My House (this, I just cancelled)
Thursday Night: Progressive Dinner with the Ladies group from church. Yes friends, my house is supposed
to be one of the houses they progress to. I don't think I can get out of this one.
Friday Night: Our friends' annual Adult Christmas Party. But they've moved since the last party, over an
hour away. Not sure if we're going to make it.
Saturday AM: "Breakfast With Santa" at church
Saturday afternoon: My extended family's annual Christmas Party.
Sunday Morning: Church
Sunday Afternoon: Dave's family's annual Christmas Party...and I'm in charge.

All this, plus shopping, wrapping, baking, etc. And nursing a sick boy and a sick daddy back to health. I think I'm going to lose it by Christmas.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

I had pneumonia once. It SUCKS.

SalGal said...

Cut back. Cut waaaaaaaaaay baaaaack. You don't want to catch cooties because you've worn yourself out....

Seriously!

Katherine said...

Wow, that's just way too much to handle. I'd go hibernate.

CheezWeezil said...

I agree with SalGal.

That will leave more time for dates with a cute boy

SalGal said...

Holy popsicles on a crutch! I CAN NOT believe they aren't moving it to someone else's home! Seriously, tell them it is just NOT possible to do it there! They can always have it at the church if they're so desperate. Geez... some people...

Domestic Goddess said...

I would say cancel your whole week. Tell people you have pneumonia in your home and they will understand. It is like a get out of jail free card, except everyone feels really crappy.
What is Valley Fever?

WendyWings said...

I have been there done that with the pneumonia, not fun.
I say try and work out which commitments you can get out of this week.
I would be losing it too if I were you.